View Single Post
Old 10-21-2008, 09:11 AM
Caribou

haha!

I'm just one of those guys that grew up with a dad who hunted, fished, and trapped EVERYTHING, so while I'm not an expert at any of it, I know a little about a lot! Kind of a "jack of all trades, master of none" kinda guy.

We hunted small game as much as deer, fished for blue gills as much as trout, and trapped coons as much as canines.

I don't think there is a single game animal in the state that I haven't shot EXCEPT for quail and they're just not in my part of the state and are rare in the parts they are in. I've probably caught 95% of the fish, and trapped most of the furbearers too. I may have only caught 1-2 of them, but I've caught them!

Just trying to help out with the knowledge I have! Especially when it's a kid AND trapping, something that's falling by the wayside more and more each year!

"I suppose it's the way of hunters. We are very odd fellows." ~ Peter Hathaway Capstick