View Single Post
Old 10-10-2008, 07:31 AM
Whitetail

We have been lucky enough to have a good beginning to our archery season here in Ohio. My wife/usual hunting/video partner, Danielle, is 2 weeks from her due date, so she really can't hunt much right now, other than from a ground blind, so she's only been out once, for an hour.

I have hunted once (opening evening), but have been filming for others quite a bit. Opening weekend (Sept 27th) was slow. Opening morning, we saw 3 fawns. Opening evening, I had 5-1 1/2 old bucks and 1 fawn walk past. We were after does, and they didn't cooperate that weekend.

On Thursday, October 2nd, I filmed my good friend Mike Cunningham and his 8year old son, Jarett, hunting from an Ameristep blind. That evening, Jarrett shot an 8 point, his first buck ever. He was, of course, ecstatic, as was his dad.

Saturday evening, October 4th, I filmed my friend and cameraman Jimmie Fouts shoot his first deer with bow, a mature doe.

The next evening, October 4th, I was filming my sister, Jill Garrison, and she shot a nice 11 point, her biggest buck to date.

I feel priveleged to have been there to share in all 3 of their hunts and lucky to capture it all on film, as well.