Thread: Ok Pros...
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2008, 11:50 PM
Black Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rick View Post
Yeah... I literally had no idea, but I thought that might be it. Lord knows I'm not afraid to ask the stupid question.

I need to find a cheap wench (.... I know.... how else am I gonna say it???) and a scale that will register 400 lbs. (again... refer to the previous parenthetical statement). I found a really good deal on jig, but of course funds are low... (I am perpetually cursed by right church, wrong pew) so I think I can make one. I found a chart that details the number of strands needed for any given draw weight...

I just didn't understand the 1/4# thing. I have a spool of Bohning serving thread I'm pretty happy with along with the bobbin. Just need a set of decent string splitters.

I like the numbers on that BCY. That was my primary target, but I looked at the Brownells too. Thanks guys!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACPOSSETIM View Post
Rick are you wanting to build a string stretcher? Is that what the wench (actually winch, but I won't hold you to it) is for? I actually have built several of them, let me know and I can steer you in the right direction.

T
Rick, If you are trying to stretch out a string all you need is a small piece of angle iron, eye bolt, a few nuts and washers and a die spring. If you want I could take pictures of the one I just built last week. PM me if you want.

Take a kid out shooting. Try 3-D, they love it.

Hoyt Carbon Matrix Plus- Now On Order!!!
FMJ
Scent Lok