Thread: Outfitters
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2008, 12:12 PM
Musk Ox

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLC View Post
bow drawn, their site is: www.idahooutfitters.com

they have a great set up. stay in an old forest service cabin. has a bathroom. typical day was as follows. got up and went to the cooking cabin and drank coffe for an hour or so. told stories during this time. ate breakfast, and told stories at this time. after breakfast, you could do what you wanted. go hunt at your stand/site. go elk shed hunting, spot and stalk. at noon we had a lite lunch. told stories. usually soup and sandwiches. headed for the bait sites around 2. in the stand til dark. or right before it. if you are interested, I'll either tell you or send you some of the stories that happened to me. anyways, you got back to camp, ate a very good supper, and then had a drink if you wanted, told stories, then went to bed.

the name of the outfitter is Weitas Creek Outfitters. they may still have some openings this year, but now sure. I will be there the first full week of may.

normal hunting is at a bait site. dog food buried under logs, covered in grease. they also did grease burns and put honey out. the licenses are INCLUDED in the price. same with the permits. and they take care of that for you. everything you will need as far as paperwork is there when you arrive. and they are in a 2 bear area. and the price IS for 2 bears. their phone number is 888-983-9378. names are Gary and Sue. if you decide to call, tell them Todd from illinois sent you. no, I do not get anything for it, but have told them I promote them whenever possible because of the great job they do.

forgot the most important part, they cater to bowhunters, but do take gun hunters also if thats what you want to hunt with. last year, shared a camp with 3 other bow hunters. all traditional bow hunters. 2 out of 3 got a bear. and the third got a shot. I also hit a bear. and saw 17 total, including all 4 color phases.
Thanks a bunch. A referral like yours is the best sort to base a hunt on. I'll call and get a brochure for maybe next season. How do you get there? Drive out or fly and drive? I'd be fly and drive myself.