View Single Post
Old 07-18-2008, 03:02 PM
Elk

There are too numerous free ranging feral hog charges here too. Not just the Euros that can be deadly. My buddy, whom I hunt with quite often, was recently charged from 30 yards by a 600 lb boar in his corn field next to the house. Fortunately he only twisted his ankle jumping out of the way. We saw another 600 lb monster chasing a 300 lb boar across his neighbors field. We've even had them try to get up on the four wheeler with us. Especially when we trap them. If you do let one go you're never show what he's going to do. Euros are beautiful as far as hogs go. They're tall and lean. Breeding with our hogs should produce incredibly thick and incredibly tall monsters! Nate and Randy are friends of mine and Nate has plenty of euros running around trying to breed for this very reason. One boar "Hercules" is a good 36-40" tall with cutters a good 4" long!

Kevin

Pro Staff: Bowtech, Alpen Optics, ThermaCELL, Hawglite, RedHawk Archery, StarrFlight Archery, ProString, Valkyrie Archery, Global Outfitters, Buck Bomb, Mossy Oak