Thread: Fry bread
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2008, 08:54 AM
Muley

Default Here is the receipe!

OOPS!!!! I wrote this down from memory and then went home to double check the receipe-I had too much sugar and baking pwdr! hope no one made it yet!Here's my G-pa's recipe he was born and raised on the Winnebago indian reservation, no he is not an indian he is a Ho-Chunk(that's what they call him)Any who~~I just made this at camp over the weekend-we had Fry Bread Tacos.* It is not a true native recipe because it has yeast and most were just made with baking powder. I have had several versions of this, but this is by far the best. I always have to make a double batch! 1 pkg yeast2 cups of lukewarm watermix together and let sit for a few minutesAdd the following to the yeast mixture4 cups of flour1/2 cup of sugar 2 Tsp of baking powder1 teaspoon of saltmix together until moist (a fork works best), cover with a warm damp towel and let rise until double. Punch down and pinch off pieces, stretch out and fry in hot oil. I usually keep my hands floured as I am working with the dough or it is too sticky.ENJOY!!!

Mad Dog Gear "Dogpound"
Archer's Choice 2006 Quiver of Dreams Winner!!!
Hoyt Vectrix-Beeman ICS Carbon Hunter
NAP Scorpian XP-Tru-Glo Micro adjust Xtreme
NAP Quicktune Drop-Away

Last edited by nebrhuntress; 07-12-2008 at 11:06 AM. Reason: Wrong ingredients!!