View Single Post
Old 05-03-2008, 02:05 PM
Bighorn

Default First Target - Hog

If no one objects - I would like to keep a running thread going here of our VERY first hunting trip, not only as a family, but for Cheri and Cale, their first hunt ever! So without further adieu:

Saturday May 3, 2008

We spoke to 4D Outfitters yesterday, and scheduled our hunt with Tina. She is awesome on the phone and was very helpful. We got the Stimulus Payment from the IRS, and it was ear-marked for Nate so... we jumped on-line and this morning we made the arragements.

Dropped a decent amount and paid it in full. I can not tell you how happy that made me! There was a period of time where I thought this just wouldn't happen, but somehow all the pieces have fallen together... and danged if it isn't going to go!

The next order of business was to call Great White Hunter (Kevin) and tell him the good news. If you are new to this forum and haven't yet had the good fortune to speak with him, make it a priority to. He's a great person and always willing to share what he knows. We made arrangements to meet up at some point and he is going to introduce us to some Texas Bar-B-Que. I can't wait!

Cale doesn't know yet that we have paid for the trip, and let me tell you...
I can't tell if I am more excited to see his face or actually go. This kid has turned himself around in the last 5 months, and is growing into quite a disciplined young man. He is definitely not the same kid he was 2 years ago.

Poor Becca... she got her bow in March, but it is a small bow and I seriously doubt it would even register on a chronometer. She understands that she's not strong enough to pull 35 lbs yet, but it's still tough on her to miss out.

They way I see it... this will give her a goal. She's decided she wants to hunt, and she ABSOLUTELY idolizes Vicki. So she can work real hard become more and more accurate with her bow, and when the time comes... she and I will head out to 4D on our own and she can be baptized! (forgive the phrase)

So... that being said... We're off to Sportmans Warehouse to find some VERY light camo gear, and then begin the heavy planning!

I want to thank EVERYONE that has been so generous with their advice, time, and understanding. The list is long and spans the country. Without you all, this would still be just an idea tossed about like so many others Cheri and Cale have had to walk away from. It means the world to us that you are in our lives.

Thank you.

Next update as needed!

Last edited by Colorado Rick; 05-03-2008 at 02:11 PM. Reason: typos