View Single Post
Old 04-24-2008, 12:52 PM
Bighorn

Talking

Ok... so we tried out the Keyring thing.

Cheri nailed the first shot at 8 yards in the basement.... then missed every one since. HA!! Gotta giggle outta that! Now I see where Ralph and Vicki are coming from. You can't help it.

Anyways... Now I'm up.

Dropped the Beman 340's and picked up the Redhead shafts with 100 grain field point. That sucker is mine!

miss..............

Hmmm...

miss...............

Dangit...

MISS............

Ok!! What the heck!

Now I'm pis...er... peaved.

I pull a shaft out and take off the 100 gr field point and replace it with a new 125 gr Muzzy loaded with practice blades.

We were shooting the layered foam target. Nice red background with that silver from the keyring glowing pretty!

BANG!!

HOLY MOSES!!! I said and went running. I nailed it dead center! WOOT!!

Aw CRAP!! The span on the blades was too large to fit through the ring and it DROVE that ring about 8 inches into the center of the target!

Oh man did Cheri laugh! Cale (stepson) was there too as my spotter and he was laughin hard!

I got the Muzzy out and started to dig the ring out. I finally got it out, but now we have a decent chunk gone from the center of our layered foam target! I'm snickering as I write this because this...

Well this IS me! To a tee! Go big because an inanimate object is kicking my butt! GO EGO-BOY!!!

Anyway... here is the picture. The Muzzy blades are destroyed, as is the ring, and I now have a much better appreciation from the 88.9 KE my bow and shafts are capable of reaching. Whew!

BTW we are shooting a rubber diaphragm I pulled out of an old vaccuum cleaner that is just about the same circumference. And we're shooting at 16 yards. Nailed 3 in a row yesterday! WOOT!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Photo_04.jpg (66.0 KB, 1 views)