Archer's Choice Media Forums

Archer's Choice Media Forums (http://www.archerschoicemedia.com/forum/index.php)
-   Archers Choice (http://www.archerschoicemedia.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Christy, Shorty, and the Quiver of Dreams . . . (http://www.archerschoicemedia.com/forum/showthread.php?t=993)

TxStarr 05-06-2008 08:57 AM

Christy, Shorty, and the Quiver of Dreams . . .

Got up early this morning to see the Quiver of Dreams hunt from last year with Christy and Shorty bear hunting (everyone should be in awe of this -- I got up before 5 am :eek: to watch it instead of waiting until Sunday at 11!).

WOW! What a bear! And what an awesome adventure!! I was crying with you when you found your bear (pretty sure it was the emotions and not the time of day ... :D). CONGRATULATIONS!

And I was so proud of you when you hit your knee and missed but then you pulled it together and got off a good shot!:):)

miketx 05-09-2008 09:03 AM

I finally got to see the show last night on the DVR. Great recovery after the miss!!!!!!!! You have a lot of nerve sitting in a ground blind 13.5 feet from the bait!:eek:

I also loved your living room with all the trophies!!!!

Bow Drawn 05-09-2008 09:23 AM

Congrats to you on an outstanding bear hunt. Bears do get my blood boiling pretty darn quick and holding bow on one isn't as easy as it looks. Great show. I was wondering if Shorty went bear hunting?

Colorado Rick 05-11-2008 11:25 AM

Just watched the hunt Christy! NICE!! Man you all made out like bandits huh? Joe's up now and the little guy was playing in the tree.

Boy you really got a good deal there!

On a side note...
Hey how do I get one of those head lamps? I got a few PLANES I WANT TO LAND!

nebrhuntress 05-12-2008 09:14 AM

Thanks all!! I cant believe I composed myself enough to take a second shot! The camera didnt show it but I was a complete wreck and shaking so bad I dont know how I even pulled my bow back! I was sitting in a chair and had the bow limb between my legs so when I released it hit my leg.

Shorty did hunt, every day for 5 days straight. the last two nights he hunted alone and for over 12 hours in a tripod stand. He had a sow and 2 cubs in front of him for 5 hours playing. John (his guide) came and got him at dark and when they got in the boat the sow was right there standing on the rocks. If that doesnt make you a bit nervous I dont know what will!! The next day we went back to the same area and did some fishing and we watched the sow and her two cubs cross the river it was so cool!! Those cubs are so fun to watch.

Adam 05-12-2008 01:51 PM

That headlamp was HILARIUOS!!!

nebrhuntress 05-12-2008 03:15 PM

If you thought that was funny-you should have been there!!! We laughed so hard we were really rotfloao!! You should have seen me crying then.

click on my avatar to see how hard we were laughing (I couldnt get it to post on here so I put it there)

timba 05-12-2008 03:22 PM

I just watched the quiver of dreams AWESOME.Boy I could stop laughing at the head lamp :)

timba

Monie 05-14-2008 09:08 PM

Yep...I was laughing my butt off! :D:D:D:D

Cherokeechass 05-15-2008 11:52 AM

Congratulations Christy! You lucky girl!