Archer's Choice Media Forums

Archer's Choice Media Forums (http://www.archerschoicemedia.com/forum/index.php)
-   Ask Ralph, Vicki & The Posse (http://www.archerschoicemedia.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   who decides? (http://www.archerschoicemedia.com/forum/showthread.php?t=824)

vipertec hunter 04-14-2008 06:40 PM

who decides?

who decides on where you guys are gonna hunt,what your gonna hunt .
also how decide on who's gonna hunt first? thanks

ACPOSSETIM 04-14-2008 08:06 PM

Not speaking for R+V but usually when I go on a hunt if we are filming, if one of us hasn't harvested one of whatever we are hunting they hunt first. If we both have killed one, we usually flip a coin and usually switch every other day. As far as where we go I usually try to go after something different every year if possible....when funds allow.

firediver 04-15-2008 07:42 PM

Regardless of who hunts first....we trade off during mid-day. If I hunt in the afternoon on Day 1, I will also hunt the morning of day 2....then switch.

The reason for this is simple.....If an animal is shot in the afternoon and we have to wait until morning to do a search/recovery, this won't screw up the other hunter.

This obviously won't work for bear hunting so we just take turns. It really just depends on the hunt.

ACZendal and I were partnered up in Anticosti last fall. It was originally a 4-day hunt but we lost a day due to a canceled flight. I hunted day one, he hunted day 2, I hunted the morning of day 3 and he hunted the afternoon.

About an hour into Z's hunt, he had an encounter. I then took over to hunt the last few hours since he had an opportunity.

I guess it just really boils down to the type of hunt, number of days, requirements for the trip, etc........or who is bigger and wins the thumb wrestling contest;)

Don K 04-15-2008 08:01 PM

Quote:

who decides?
Im sure Vicki is saying I DO!!!!

And Im sure Ralph is saying I DO............ ( when Vicki isnt around)

ACM_Vicki 04-18-2008 06:09 AM

Firediver & AC Tim hit it on the head! We decide which hunts we are going to be doing thruoughout the year and then start making the rest of the plans. Ralph likes to let me hunt first, but I figured him out a couple of years ago! He likes it so then he can find out what he needs to get to beat mine!! :)
We do trade out every afternoon when we both have tags, just like Fivediver said, it seems to work out great that way!!

Tanks!! Vicki :)

ACM_Ralph 04-18-2008 07:31 AM

WOW I thought my spelling was BAD!!!! Check out Vicki's and now you will know she is worse than me!!!!:D

ACM_Vicki 04-18-2008 08:05 AM

Watch it buddy!! :)

Colorado Rick 04-18-2008 09:22 AM

Here's a thought... I'm just spit-balling here but... Perhaps you could... Oh I don't know... Discuss... Say... an ELK HUNT IN COLORADO... maybe?

Just tossing that out... No pressure

Possibly.......Elk hunt............ Colorado....... Elk.... Mountains.... Elk Steaks...

I'll have my people get with your people then.

Dang.... where am I gonna get people now.... stupid big mouth...

vipertec hunter 04-18-2008 02:36 PM

thanks ,good luck,looking forward to the new ac season ,the moose hunt was great!

pbg40g 04-18-2008 02:51 PM

elk steaks....mouth watering....drooling now...