Archer's Choice Media Forums

Archer's Choice Media Forums (http://www.archerschoicemedia.com/forum/index.php)
-   Turkey Talk (http://www.archerschoicemedia.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   New Turkey Gun (http://www.archerschoicemedia.com/forum/showthread.php?t=744)

MJewell 04-02-2008 05:23 PM

New Turkey Gun

Going tomorrow to pick out a new Turkey gun. Looking at an Mossberg 535 ATS with either the 22" barrel or the 20" barrel not sure yet and both have the thumbhole stock. Also going to look at the Stoeger P-350 all are 12ga's the stoeger has the steady grip on it and also comes with the field stock and 5 choke tubes. All the guns are the same price right now. Any input would be helpful on narrowing my choice down. My current turkey gun is A Remington 870 Wingmaster with and 28" barrel and an H.S undertaker choke tube in it.

Only reason for upgrading is because I feel like it.

Matt

firediver 04-02-2008 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MJewell (Post 9768)

Only reason for upgrading is because I feel like it.

Matt

AMEN......some people (the wife) just don't understand:)

MJewell 04-02-2008 05:44 PM

What she doesn't know won't hurt her.

Like the three bows I also bought this winter just so I could flip them. No luck as of yet starting to get a few calls on them now.

Matt

MJewell 04-03-2008 05:58 PM

Well headed out to look at the new turkey guns and came home empty handed in the gun department. Going to wait on an local store to bring in an 870 Trio for me in the Synthetic stock comes with the Cantilever 21" Fully rifled slug barrel, 28" rib vent barrel with modified choke and the 23" fiber optic sighted turkey barrel with turkey choke. All around gun for everything I would ike to hunt here in Ontario.

Only problem is that I did come home with an new Stihl Chainsaw, got to figure out how to justifiy it with the wife when she gets home now.

Matt

Colorado Rick 04-03-2008 07:58 PM

well you could start with the one I always use.

"Ummm.... well... I uh.... See there was this..... well... ummm."

If that doesn't work you can try:

"Huh?"

the one I keep in my back pocket is sure fire, but you really gotta act it up some:

"Weelllllll duuuuuuuuuuuuuuh.. It's for the ALIENS. Hello!"
Then walk away muttering the question "why do I always have to explain myself?" just loud enough for her to hear.

Canuck 04-04-2008 09:37 PM

I never would have bought a new Turkey Gun if it wernt for the wife all I have to do is take her to the store drool over a firearm and she says buy it. :)I've bought two rifles like that this year. Two weeks ago I was looking at another one, at a gun show, and she was telling me to buy it. Iwouldn't have any if it wernt for her. But now I need a bigger safe for them, can't get any more in this one.

oneshot 04-05-2008 09:19 PM

thats a good problem to have !!!