Archer's Choice Media Forums

Archer's Choice Media Forums (http://www.archerschoicemedia.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Choice (http://www.archerschoicemedia.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Great Summer Planned (http://www.archerschoicemedia.com/forum/showthread.php?t=669)

yogi 03-19-2008 10:24 PM

Great Summer Planned

My wife and I just finalized our summer plans. Eat your heart out guys cuz we’re pulling out this weekend in our 5th Wheel to go ruff it for the summer months . Of course our opinion of roughing it may vary from others. We will be traveling with satellite TV so we won’t miss * The Archer’s Choice * and * The Choice * lol. We also travel with satellite internet so won’t be far from the computer either. OH – did I mention cell phone??? We’ll have that too .. lol. The only thing we won’t have is pesky neighbors. Although we are sure that we will have the * odd * un-announced visitor to our campsite, they will be a welcomed change. The visitor’s will include Elk, the odd moose, an occasional deer and I’m sure there will be more than one bear nosing around ( black’s & Grizzly’s ) as they are quite common in this area.

This will be my wife’s 1st year of hunting as she just obtained her * Hunter’s Ed Course * and this will be her first year of shooting instead of just watching. The reason for taking the summer off is to spend a lot of time practicing shooting and honing up her killer instincts. She really gave me the * what for and the how come * today for going to the local hunting store and not taking her … lol. She also is looking forward to learning how to shoot a bow ( let’s bow our head in prayer ) lol.

We will have our video camera and digital in tow so we will be able to get some good shots of the Alberta Wildlife in it’s best form. We will be scouting prior to the Spring Bear Hunt that begins on April 17th through May 15th, and scouting the rest of the summer preparing for the Fall Hunt. Our Archery Season begins August 25th for Elk, Moose and Deer. Our rifle season begins Sept. 17th for the same.

Once we get our camp set-up, we’ll be sure to take some pictures and share them with you.

I will be dropping in from time to time in between trying to get situated for our trip.

bullmoose38 03-20-2008 07:08 AM

Now that sounds like fun!

timba 03-20-2008 08:49 AM

that would awesome

timba

bowing4bulls 03-20-2008 12:21 PM

Hey sounds like you sure have it all planned out, can't wait to see some pic's and hear some stories! have a great trip and be safe!

cpd realpolice 03-20-2008 12:50 PM

That sounds awsome. Let us know how it's going.

Great White Hunter 03-20-2008 01:50 PM

Uhmmmmmm, can I come?

I'll just be down here huntin hogs all summer. During my time off I'll be sweatin to death at the factory.

Colorado Rick 03-20-2008 01:59 PM

Good luck and have fun! I got the Riot Act last week for just about the same thing. "Next time you go shooting you better not just up and leave here! I have a bow too ya know!" Geez... What have I done?!?!

musky_xl 03-20-2008 06:00 PM

Nice...

Im spending Aug and Sept in northern Ontario in the fifth wheel too...fishing for musky and getting ready for archery season.

timba 03-21-2008 02:47 PM

I heard that the grizzlies are out now,a few spotted in the GC area.

timba