Archer's Choice Media Forums

Archer's Choice Media Forums (http://www.archerschoicemedia.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hog'N Down (http://www.archerschoicemedia.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Back from Texas (http://www.archerschoicemedia.com/forum/showthread.php?t=637)

burrhead 03-12-2008 09:37 AM

Back from Texas

4 Attachment(s)
Made it back from way to short of a trip. We had a great hunt, three of the four of us got a hog. Two of my buddies doubled up on two boars that came in to a feeder and I shot a sow while doing a little stalking around. It is true that everything will poke you down there. here's some pics.:cool::cool:

bowing4bulls 03-12-2008 11:10 AM

Hey CONGRATS! sounds like you all had a great time

One of these days we are going to make a trip down there and try to shoot some hogs I can't wait.

cpd realpolice 03-12-2008 11:32 AM

Congrats! Bacon for everyone.

huntquest 03-12-2008 12:44 PM

Congrats!!!

timba 03-12-2008 03:31 PM

congrats,nice hogs

timba

Great White Hunter 03-12-2008 04:55 PM

Burrhead:

Congrats! Aren't they a blast? I like hunting them better than deer. Did you get to use your bow? Try bowhunting them if you come back down. That's even better...especially at night. Did you get those at night? Now you know why sometimes I don't get to retrieve every hog I kill. You can't get in some of that stuff like the hogs can. All the briars, mesquite, etc. You come out stingin' like a human pin cushion! I am very happy for you. Maybe someday when you come down again. I can meet up and hunt with ya. which pic is yours?

HuntnMa 03-13-2008 03:41 AM

woohooooooooooo, thats awesome....... :)

burrhead 03-13-2008 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Great White Hunter (Post 8593)
Burrhead:

Congrats! Aren't they a blast? I like hunting them better than deer. Did you get to use your bow? Try bowhunting them if you come back down. That's even better...especially at night. Did you get those at night? Now you know why sometimes I don't get to retrieve every hog I kill. You can't get in some of that stuff like the hogs can. All the briars, mesquite, etc. You come out stingin' like a human pin cushion! I am very happy for you. Maybe someday when you come down again. I can meet up and hunt with ya. which pic is yours?

Great White

That was definetely alot of fun. I hunted with my bow alittle but nothing came to the feeder where i was at, so i shot mine with my rifle when i was doing some stalking. We hunted some at night, didn't sit just went around and shined by the feeders, but only seen deer and coons at night. I'm still pulling cactus neddles out of my hands and feet, I need boots that are cactus proof, don't know how many times I had to take off my boots and pull out needles. Hopefully will get a chance to go again next year. I'm the one by myself in the pictures, with the black sow.

Great White Hunter 03-13-2008 11:02 AM

I laughed when I read your post.:D Only those who hunt down here know what the cactus, briars, mesquite, etc. are like.:mad: Now you know why sometimes I just can't get to my hog to retrieve it in the really, really thick stuff.:cool: If you come back down maybe I could meet up and go with ya. I'm glad you had a great time. Those guys tell you any stories about people getting charged?:eek: It happens all the time down here. They can be pretty vicious...but it just makes it more fun!:D That added element of "surprise" is part of the reason I like hunting them more than deer.:cool: I also tend to thank they may be smarter than deer. Go ahead and try to pattern a hog!:D

burrhead 03-13-2008 11:32 AM

I know what you mean about trying to pattern them. The first place we hunted was only 60 acres and shot two ther the first evening then never seen another one there, exept for tracks by the feeders.:mad: They would come off the land from the north to feed sometime in the middle of the night. The other area was 1100 acres, there was alot of hogs there, but alot of area to cover, wish we could've hunted there longer that was a fun place.:cool: I pretty sure I found where hogzilla lives:eek: there was some huge tracks, but I couldn't find him, maybe next time.:D