Archer's Choice Media Forums

Archer's Choice Media Forums (http://www.archerschoicemedia.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Choice (http://www.archerschoicemedia.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Whats your "Choice"? (http://www.archerschoicemedia.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62)

bullmoose38 01-10-2008 07:11 AM

Whats your "Choice"?

I prefer archery over everything. Then I would have to say muzzleloader. Last would be rifle. Dont get me wrong I love all 3! But I can shoot a bow better then my gun. I know some of you guys saw me shoot a gun and know its not pretty.:D

Monie 01-10-2008 07:17 AM

lmao....yep, I'm the same way! I can't hit an animal with a gun to save my life! :eek: "Monie, quit shooting with your crooked eye!!"

letshunt44 01-10-2008 08:15 AM

I prefer my bow also. Sometimes it depends on the animal too. Usually when it's brown bears, I kind of like my 375 HH magnum. LOL LOL

burrhead 01-10-2008 08:38 AM

definitely bowhunting, it's an addiction, not that alot of deer and atelope don't fall prey to the 7mm.

timba 01-10-2008 08:42 AM

I like my bow,but don't have much luck with it so most of my game is taken with my 30-06.this year I'm planning on hunting hard with the bow.

farmcntry 01-10-2008 08:43 AM

My choice is a shotgun for small game.
I don't know why but I LOVE to small game hunt a bit more than big game hunt.
Rabbits, tree rats, ducks, geese (well, waterfowl), but things of that nature.
Dove, quail, etc. I think I like it more because of hunting with friends.
I wish we still had good populations of Phesants around here.

Now for big game I bow hunt, then blackpowder. I rifle hunt some but still keep my shots within 50 -70 yds.

TxStarr 01-10-2008 09:02 AM

My fav. is my .30-06 that my dad bought for me when I was 15 and had the stock modified for me (yes I am short!:p).

I like hunting with my bow and adore small game hunting with my shotgun (yes, also modified) but I have more luck with the rifle. It could also have to do with the stands I hunt out of with each. I have to walk in a ways and sit in a blind or leaning ladder stand (don't do lock ons or climbing stands:() to hunt with my bow. Walk in and sit or keep walking to hunt with the shotgun. With the rifle I sit in a box blind with windows and a comfy office chair and a heater -- and someone drops me off at the door:D!

TLC 01-10-2008 09:31 AM

bow hunting. thenshotgun as we have no rifle season here in illinois. something about having to get close to the game makes it more exciting.

and since we have no more pheasants thanks to the coyotes, not much else to hunt but deer.

Adam 01-10-2008 12:38 PM

My choice depends on what day it is, what's legal and what we're hunting.

As far as big game, I love hunting with my bow but won't hesitate to grab the rifle or muzzleloader either.

With turkeys, could be bow or gun.

Waterfowl is always the Benelli SBE.

Small game, mostly shotgun but I hunt squirrels with the .22 and would take something other than the shotgun for rabbits if the mood struck me. If there are pheasants, grouse, or woodcock around, I usually carry my Rem. 870 Wingmaster 20 ga. (My favorite small game shotgun.)

Smokin Feathers 01-10-2008 02:24 PM

Bow for deer and hogs, any for elk or other game, I would rather use the bow but will use the rifle especially on a bull elk, good varmint rifle for calling and pdogs, shotgun for everything else