Archer's Choice Media Forums

Archer's Choice Media Forums (http://www.archerschoicemedia.com/forum/index.php)
-   The ACM Hang Out (http://www.archerschoicemedia.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Hey all (http://www.archerschoicemedia.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3941)

Colorado Rick 01-28-2012 02:51 PM

Hey all

Who's all left on here from a few years ago? Life happened here in a big way and things got a little out of control... all good now.

burrhead 01-30-2012 09:12 AM

Hey Rick good to hear from you! Things are pretty quiet around here, we are trying to get things going again, maybe you can help us get this forum built up again.

Colorado Rick 01-30-2012 01:26 PM

Well I am certainly happy to try! Glad to see you still knocking around. How's the hunting?

burrhead 01-30-2012 02:13 PM

Its been a wierd fall and winter was pretty busy planting grass all fall so I didn't get to hunt as much as I wanted but did manage to get a couple nice bucks and a piebald doe. There are some pics on here somewhere. How has your hunting been?

Colorado Rick 01-30-2012 03:23 PM

Once again I am forced to live vicariously through others. :( My only saving grace is that the wife hasn't had the opportunity to pick up her bow either. god forbid I have to live through another year of filming her successful hunts!

burrhead 01-30-2012 04:33 PM

Well here's hoping that next year works out better for you.

Bow Drawn 01-31-2012 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by burrhead (Post 40206)
Well here's hoping that next year works out better for you.

I second that idea, 2012 has to be a better year.

firediver 01-31-2012 09:05 PM

2011 was the worst year EVER for whitetails here in Illinois!!!! Lots of great bucks on trail cam....but the all vanished around the end of September.

NEXT YEAR!!!!

Colorado Rick 01-31-2012 11:25 PM

Yuck. Well I have a HUGE 10 pointer that hangs out in my back yard. You have NO idea how hard it is to see that big bugger staring through the sliding glass door as we try to put the dog out. To make matters worse, I have about a 5 foot scrape in the grass and his scat all over the place. Stupid dog thinks its his own personal supply of milk duds. He drags around about 4 massive doe and the babies to boot and now they are all over the back yard too. Never seen anything like it. There was a spike that thought he was going to horn in on the action. Big 10 thought differently. I almost hit the little guy as he busted out of the back yard when I came home from school the other night. Big 10 and I are eyeball to eyeball. No joke! I stand between 5' 11" and 6' 1" depending on the measuring stick, and this dude is right there. Kinda scary.

Bow Drawn 02-01-2012 10:14 AM

You got a monarch of a buck running in the hood LOL.

Sounds like somebody is feeding the deer in the neighborhood and the deer has lost their fear of humans or dogs. It would be a tempting deal to release an arrow in his direction. LOL