Archer's Choice Media Forums

Archer's Choice Media Forums (http://www.archerschoicemedia.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Choice (http://www.archerschoicemedia.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Goat/Sheep hunt - 2011 (http://www.archerschoicemedia.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3842)

Liege 01-25-2011 07:05 AM

Goat/Sheep hunt - 2011

Well, I've got a busy schedule planned for the fall. The vast majority of Oct will be taken up in the mountains of BC and Alberta. I have a BC Mountain Goat hunt planned for the middle of Oct, immediately after which I will head east to the Rockies on the Alberta side for Bighorn sheep. As well, my daughter and I will probably both be drawn for non-trophy sheep (ewes) if we put in for it, so the early part of Sep could be spent in the mountains, too. The Sep trip would probably be a good tune-up for BC, so we will probably go for it. Sooooo, I'm gonna be busy getting into shape. Gotta take off a few pounds, and hit the river hills near my place. Gonna need "Buns of steel" and "Lungs of iron", LOL. I'll keep everyone posted.

Gord:)

ladybowhntr 01-26-2011 09:07 AM

Sounds like a wonderful plan and a great time in the field!!!!!

Liege 09-29-2011 07:39 AM

Change of plans

So, my goat hunt went belly up. Seems my host's nephew decided to get married in Mexico, in early October (??? Who gets married in the fall, unless your honeymoon is in an elk/moose/deer camp somewhere? I mean, REALLY???) On top of that, tag numbers in the zone that my daughter and I drew for, were reduced to 1, from 10, so those plans have to change, for the future (different zone, somewhere). Having said that, Marilyn and I are going Elk hunting next week, which should be fun, AND, my sheep hunt is still a go. We hike in to the sheep hills on the 15th, and I am not coming out until I kill a ram, or I have to come out to go back to work. I haven't lost as many pounds as I would have liked, but I'm in much better condition, both physically and mentally. My rifle is holding MOA at all ranges, my gear is ready, and I'm PUMPED!! Hopefully, I will be posting pictures later on in October. Best of luck to everyone who has a special hunt lined up.

Gord:)

Liege 12-19-2011 08:55 AM

Well, things didn't work out quite the way I would have liked. I did a double whammy on my left lower leg, and ankle, about 2/3 of the way through the sheep hunt. It was bad enough to keep me from being able to hike and climb, so, in order to salvage the rest of my hunting season, I came home early. Already planning the sheep hunt for next year.:D Deer season was tough, as our F&W feel that we lost about 50% of our local (Eastern Alberta) deer herd to winterkill. I didn't see a WT buck that I would consider shooting at, but did manage a mule deer buck that grossed 175 and change. I'll post pictures from home, later.
Anyway, Merry Christmas to all, have a safe and happy holiday season.

Gord :)