Archer's Choice Media Forums

Archer's Choice Media Forums (http://www.archerschoicemedia.com/forum/index.php)
-   Behind the Lens (http://www.archerschoicemedia.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   What trailcameras are you using? (http://www.archerschoicemedia.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38)

bullmoose38 01-08-2008 03:20 PM

What trailcameras are you using?

What cameras are you using? And do you like it? I was using cuddebacks but they seemed to die on me after about a year. I am using stealth cams right now. So far I really like them. I really like the external battery. They really last long.

miketx 01-08-2008 04:23 PM

I have been using the moultrie 4.0 this year. seem to be ok. good thing is if they quit working I can take them back to wal mart!

HurricaneCreek 01-08-2008 06:54 PM

I picked up one of the Moultrie infrared's earlier in '07 . I have had Bushnell, regular Moultries and StealthCam's. I can honestly say I will have at least 2 more of the Moultrie infrared's for next year. It was put out in Sept and taken down in Dec and I NEVER once changed the batteries, it was still reading over 50%. I swapped out the memory card every week or two and it did take a lot of pictures...day and night. Longevity still remains to be seen, but I am sold so far:)

miketx 01-08-2008 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HurricaneCreek (Post 232)
I picked up one of the Moultrie infrared's earlier in '07 . I have had Bushnell, regular Moultries and StealthCam's. I can honestly say I will have at least 2 more of the Moultrie infrared's for next year. It was put out in Sept and taken down in Dec and I NEVER once changed the batteries, it was still reading over 50%. I swapped out the memory card every week or two and it did take a lot of pictures...day and night. Longevity still remains to be seen, but I am sold so far:)

I have one of the I.R.'s also, you are correct about the battery life! On the down side, I do notice that all the deer are looking at the camera when it goes off, day or night it makes a noise that gets their attention. also, I dont like having to unscrew the side door to get at the sd card, kinda hard for fat, cold fingers to manipulate! haha

indiana boy 01-09-2008 03:25 AM

I am using Wildview's. Decent cams for the money.

farmcntry 01-09-2008 07:32 AM

I've still got the 35mm stealth cam. Works good for me.
One day I'll go digital.:rolleyes:

Adam 01-09-2008 08:12 AM

Same as Indiana Boy, I have 2 Wildview 2.0s. Nothing fancy but they usually get the job done and if one disappears I'm only out $50.

I'd like one that triggered instantly but I'm not dropping $200+ on one camera. My luck, that'd be the one that got stolen.

youngbuck83 01-09-2008 09:28 AM

same here w/ the wildviews....good cam for the money

huntquest 01-09-2008 04:43 PM

I have a $50 dollar Wildview from WallyWorld. I am gonna by a better one this year!