Archer's Choice Media Forums

Archer's Choice Media Forums (http://www.archerschoicemedia.com/forum/index.php)
-   The ACM Hang Out (http://www.archerschoicemedia.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   You might be a redneck if.... (http://www.archerschoicemedia.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3791)

coorsdrifter 10-17-2010 09:44 PM

You might be a redneck if....

Let me start this off by saying I AM NOT a wine drinker.That being said,a local vineyard had a big to do this weekend,so I stopped in to see what was going on.As I was talking to one of the ladies that was working she recommended this particular type of wine for venison.She WAS a very persuasive salesperson:rolleyes:.Any ways,I get home and throw some elk steaks on the grill,time to try some wine.At this point please refer to the 1st sentance... I am not a wine drinker,the only wine I have ever had was Wild Irish Rose (not the best stuff) to my dismay the bottle has cork,again see comment about Irish Rose.I look all over the house for a cork screw without any luck,just as I was about to give up hope,I see the solution to my dilema... So you might be a Redneck if....You have ever opened a bottle of wine with a screw-in step for a tree stand!!:o

Bow Drawn 10-18-2010 09:19 AM

Just be sure you remove all the pieces of cork out the glass you pour yourself. LOL

My wife is a wine drinker ---- I'm not. :rolleyes:

YorkArcher 10-19-2010 07:15 AM

What about tree bark from the step???

Va Hunter 10-23-2010 12:14 PM

My wife got a bottle of "better" wine a few years ago that came with a cork installed. She's wanting it opened and we don't own a cork screw. I shoved the cork the rest of the way down into the bottle with a 1/4 drive extension and handed it back to her. She took it back into the livingroom with her gal friends and they all giggled about my solution.

Great thinking on the step!

nhbowhunter21 10-25-2010 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coorsdrifter (Post 39476)
Let me start this off by saying I AM NOT a wine drinker.That being said,a local vineyard had a big to do this weekend,so I stopped in to see what was going on.As I was talking to one of the ladies that was working she recommended this particular type of wine for venison.She WAS a very persuasive salesperson:rolleyes:.Any ways,I get home and throw some elk steaks on the grill,time to try some wine.At this point please refer to the 1st sentance... I am not a wine drinker,the only wine I have ever had was Wild Irish Rose (not the best stuff) to my dismay the bottle has cork,again see comment about Irish Rose.I look all over the house for a cork screw without any luck,just as I was about to give up hope,I see the solution to my dilema... So you might be a Redneck if....You have ever opened a bottle of wine with a screw-in step for a tree stand!!:o

Screw-in-step for a tree stand? Oh! I thought that they were for opening wine bottles. So that explains why they were in the hunting aisle...

NHBowhunter21 (ie. Redneck)

MOvenatic 10-28-2010 02:27 PM

I guess that's better than breaking the neck of the bottle. :D