Archer's Choice Media Forums

Archer's Choice Media Forums (http://www.archerschoicemedia.com/forum/index.php)
-   Ask Ralph, Vicki & The Posse (http://www.archerschoicemedia.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   are you hunters or just killers (http://www.archerschoicemedia.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3717)

skinner 08-17-2010 10:02 AM

are you hunters or just killers

Just a quick question for ralph and Vicki..Do you guys do any hunting on your own or is every hunt guided...I have yet to see one of your shows that you guys aren't guided....A that is my question are you hunters or are you just killers.....

dhertz 08-17-2010 10:36 AM

You may want to go back and look at some of the shows. Ralph's IL buck from last year was DIY, pretty much all of their colorado WT and Muleys, including Vicki's 203 whitetail, Ralph's Big Muley were DIY just to name a few.

I've hunted with both of them, I'd put them in the hunter category

Leftridge 08-17-2010 10:55 AM

I know I'm new here but equating a guided hunt to just killing something is retarded..

Hunting, guided or not, has a ton of challanges and its short sighted to dismiss the challenge by saying your just "killing" something..

"there is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance- that prinicple is contempt prior to investigation"

flinger 08-17-2010 11:25 AM

I have been fortunate enough to 'guide' Ralph and Vicki on more than one occasion. I guided several guests up in the Yukon and very few could match these 2 in their intensity - and that is not a simple hunt. It's a shame airtime does not allow them to show all that happens on a hunt. They were constantly helping with camp chores and I can guarantee, watching Vicki up to her elbows cutting up a moose is a beautiful thing to see!

As far as killin' goes, you should see Ralph's demeanor change when the game is on - bad news for that animal! As for Vicki, how many could nock a 2nd arrow and pull off a killing shot while an already hit, pi$$ed off bull moose is closing in at under 10 yards!

So as to your question, I would have to say they're both.

Also, if you did a little research, you'd realize a lot of jurisdictions they hunt in require a guide - such as most areas in Canada.

They could share my 'hunting' camp anytime.

russ

Bow Drawn 08-17-2010 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skinner (Post 38951)
Just a quick question for ralph and Vicki..Do you guys do any hunting on your own or is every hunt guided...I have yet to see one of your shows that you guys aren't guided....A that is my question are you hunters or are you just killers.....

This post is reflecting a position that's similar to someone I talked to from PETA some months back.
This sort of thread is there to create a very weak argument and not education based nor supportive.

Anyone that knew R & V or watched their productions could say they are hunters. They are very committed to our way of living by providing education as well providing support in many facets of the hunting community.

They don't work in the meat processing plant, not even close.

Mudshack 08-18-2010 06:27 PM

Are you serious, Skinner? From your question, I am gathering that you are not a hunter nor a killer. Anyone that has ever spent time chasing game can see that what they do is hunting. Even in Mexico and Texas where deer are very used to feeders, it is still hunting. They are very selective in the animals that they shoot. I have been around many "killers" and there is no way a "killer" would pass on a 2yo 8-10pt pushing 140".

I haven't met R and V in person, but I can assure you that they are not "killers."

timba 08-18-2010 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bow Drawn (Post 38956)
This post is reflecting a position that's similar to someone I talked to from PETA some months back.
This sort of thread is there to create a very weak argument and not education based nor supportive.

Anyone that knew R & V or watched their productions could say they are hunters. They are very committed to our way of living by providing education as well providing support in many facets of the hunting community.

They don't work in the meat processing plant, not even close.

I agree

timba

ACPOSSETIM 08-18-2010 10:58 PM

I think someone is stirring the pot here looking for attention. He comes on here and his very first post is this? C'mon man have some class. Do some research and you'll see what they are and what they have done, not just for themselves but for this industry as a whole. In my opinion going on a "guided" hunt is more about access to good hunting spots, not about paying someone to hunt for you. But that's just my opinion, and I could be wrong....;)

Va Hunter 08-19-2010 10:59 AM

Yeah. A join date of April then waiting to put something like this out there?

Don't know about ya'll but if I hunt and come up on something I want to take, I KILL IT. I don't agree with the term "Harvest". I didn't grow the deer or turkey, so I don't harvest. That term is one that is used to be PC. PC ain't me. Having a guide is like Tim said. Access to game or properties that you may not otherwise be able to hunt.

ACPOSSETIM 08-19-2010 09:32 PM

I agree, kill is what we ultimately do however the term "harvest" helps convey the point that the animals we kill are in fact a renewable resource. Yes it is designed to be PC but it also points out that fact.