Archer's Choice Media Forums

Archer's Choice Media Forums (http://www.archerschoicemedia.com/forum/index.php)
-   BND - Bear'N Down (http://www.archerschoicemedia.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   bear bomb (http://www.archerschoicemedia.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3561)

whacky 03-12-2010 07:51 PM

bear bomb

Just curious of u bear hunters use the bear bomb scents? I use them last year and the bears went nuts over the bacon bear bomb. Whats your experience with the bear bomb? Thanks
Norm

bear1 03-12-2010 08:26 PM

I've never used it. We use Big Bear Scent, anise,shellfish, and formula 15 are my favorites. Brings them in, and takes away your scent.

timba 03-13-2010 09:26 AM

I tried them 2 years ago and never had any luck with them.This year I went out and picked up beaver castor lure scent,and waiting to get sow in heat lure.

timba

wannabe 04-11-2010 01:14 PM

I have been intreagued with Bear hunting for about 10 years and have went about it more like most NYers go at it...just hoping to bump into one while deer hunting. We can not use bait and if memory serves me correctly no more that 2oz of scent...Has anyone found these scents to work without a bait sight?
I know that Beaver Castor is that secret ingredient. What about a grease drag...if its not consentrated more than 2oz at my ambush...would that work?
Maybe I just need to head North North/West and find me a good outfitter!
Sorry for the newbie with all the questions!

timba 04-11-2010 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wannabe (Post 38106)
I have been intreagued with Bear hunting for about 10 years and have went about it more like most NYers go at it...just hoping to bump into one while deer hunting. We can not use bait and if memory serves me correctly no more that 2oz of scent...Has anyone found these scents to work without a bait sight?
I know that Beaver Castor is that secret ingredient. What about a grease drag...if its not consentrated more than 2oz at my ambush...would that work?
Maybe I just need to head North North/West and find me a good outfitter!
Sorry for the newbie with all the questions!

I have heard of guys using beaver castor lure on toilet paper and hanging it around a spot were baiting wasn't aload.I'm sure it would work if the wind was right and there was bears in the area.

what about doing a burn?are you aload to do that?I think that would work the best take out a small propane burner and get some old bacon grease smoke filling the air.

wannabe 04-11-2010 06:46 PM

Thanks Timba I will check on that possiblity. I do have some Bear Bombs from last years vermont hunt that I never used as I wasn't sure about the legistics. So I am going to head out the next day of 2 before heading out to Florida. I'll set out a couple sow n heat bombs at a few areas that I have either encountered sign or seen Bear. Hopefully I can get a trail cam pic of a bear or two!
I'll let ya know of any success with the Bear Bomb!