Archer's Choice Media Forums

Archer's Choice Media Forums (http://www.archerschoicemedia.com/forum/index.php)
-   BND - Bear'N Down (http://www.archerschoicemedia.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   great spot to hunt bear in Ontario (http://www.archerschoicemedia.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3472)

whacky 01-08-2010 11:11 PM

great spot to hunt bear in Ontario

1 Attachment(s)
Hey Guys
Just wanted to say I've found an awesome place to bear hunt in Ontario...finally!! Been burned a few times at other places. The hunts are 7 days and prices range from 1000.00 - 1500.00. Great outfitter that does what he says. The last 2 years our group all shot bears. We also passed alot of critters as well. He's got numbers of bears and big ones too. I'm posting this for you guys because I've been burned before and do not want any of you to have the same experience. Heres a pic of my bear from this past Aug. pm me if you would like his number. I am also a reference for him...so ask away.

whacky 01-09-2010 12:38 AM

contact info

His # is toll free. 1(800)363-0113. Just ask for Gary or Judy. Good huntin'

whacky 01-09-2010 10:54 AM

bear hunt

1 Attachment(s)
Forgot to mention that gary's hunts are done housekeeping style. No American plan. I hope to meet some of you guys there this fall if I can make it. My wife and I have a newborn son who is very sick in the hospital. He got bacterial meningitis and we almost lost him. So far he is recovering pretty good! The month long stay at Childres hospital is going to be a massive financisl blow for us,but who cares as long as our son is fine! If I can afford it I will be there bear n' down! Hope u guys that are interested in a hunt in Ontario give Gary a try!! His web address is www.whitesandscamp.ca. God bless all of you and happy new year!!

ladybowhntr 01-10-2010 06:55 PM

Good info Whacky. I hope your son continues on his road to recovery. I know it has not been easy for you.

whacky 01-10-2010 07:20 PM

Nathan

1 Attachment(s)
Heres our little Nathan. He has a ways to go in the hospital. Your prayers are welcomed!

Bow Drawn 01-11-2010 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whacky (Post 37230)
Forgot to mention that gary's hunts are done housekeeping style. No American plan. I hope to meet some of you guys there this fall if I can make it. My wife and I have a newborn son who is very sick in the hospital. He got bacterial meningitis and we almost lost him. So far he is recovering pretty good! The month long stay at Childres hospital is going to be a massive financisl blow for us,but who cares as long as our son is fine! If I can afford it I will be there bear n' down! Hope u guys that are interested in a hunt in Ontario give Gary a try!! His web address is www.whitesandscamp.ca. God bless all of you and happy new year!!

Thanks for the info on White Sands camp Whacky. I have been looking into Ontario for a bear hunt. My hunting buds just can't get it together for a bear hunt so now I have to find a group who does want to.

I wish your son a fast recovery.

whacky 01-11-2010 11:20 AM

Thanks

Thanks for the encouragement on my son. As far as hunting @ Gary's place no problem for the info. I like to help ppl out whether its musky fishing,deer hunting or in this case finding a good place to bear hunt. I do it because I know how much we look forward to going on hunts and how much preperation we put in. If we go on outfitted hunts we hope the outfitter does what they say!! Gary does. Like many other places there is terrible outfitters. There is a few outfitters in his area that started baiting only 2 days before the hunters arrived:eek:!! I will not name. If I can help guys avoid that senario I will feel much better. Do your homework really well and you should have no problems finding a good outfitter. Thanks again and take care!
Norm

whacky 01-25-2010 10:24 PM

the 09' hunt

1 Attachment(s)
Hey Guys
Just wanted to share Zack's bear pic and his story. Zack and his guide were looking for potential baits on the first day of the hunt. Gary has a stand called ol' faithful. You can guess why. When they got to that bait there was already a bear on it and a goodin at that. Greg told Zach to run to the truck and get his bow and get right back. As Zack got into the tree the bear was making circles popping its jaws. Greg told Zack the bear would come in within 5 minutes. No kidding it did just that. It looked at Zack and popped its jaws as it came in. He killed this dandy within the first 5-10 minutes of ever bear hunting:eek:!!! I hunted that stand a year earlier and I killed a real nice bear within 20 minutes of being on stand:eek:. Mine was on the first day of the hunt as well:cool:. Just thought I'd share some of the fun memories we've had at White Sands Camp. P.s. Our son Nathan is home from the hospital and is doing awesome...praise the Lord!!!! Tak to ya'll later
Whacky

whacky 03-02-2010 07:29 PM

soooo pumped

I'm sooo pumped. I found out I'll be able to go to Ontario this fall. Thank God!!! We thought we would not be able to afford it after our newborn sons troubles and the hospital bills. I'm so excited also because my little group gets to hunt a bma that has not been hunted in 8 years:eek:!!!!!! My groups the only one that gets to hunt it. Can u say say lots of bears and really big ones too!:D It might be just me hunting there because my guys keep dropping out but I know I'm going to be there God willing. When the fall hunt comes around I'll definetly post pics fur ya'll Can't wait!
Norm

timba 03-03-2010 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whacky (Post 37742)
I'm sooo pumped. I found out I'll be able to go to Ontario this fall. Thank God!!! We thought we would not be able to afford it after our newborn sons troubles and the hospital bills. I'm so excited also because my little group gets to hunt a bma that has not been hunted in 8 years:eek:!!!!!! My groups the only one that gets to hunt it. Can u say say lots of bears and really big ones too!:D It might be just me hunting there because my guys keep dropping out but I know I'm going to be there God willing. When the fall hunt comes around I'll definetly post pics fur ya'll Can't wait!
Norm

Your little guy is doing good then?hope he is.

I have month and 1/2 till it opens here and I can't hardly take it.I think I'm heading way up to northern sask for the first time.Sask gov might be changing the rules for non residents in 2011 and that might end my sask bear hunting so the wife said to go ahead and at least get one year in up there. :)