Archer's Choice Media Forums

Archer's Choice Media Forums (http://www.archerschoicemedia.com/forum/index.php)
-   BND - Bear'N Down (http://www.archerschoicemedia.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   trailcam pic for spring (http://www.archerschoicemedia.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3412)

timba 11-30-2009 08:40 PM

trailcam pic for spring

1 Attachment(s)
I had a pile of trail camera pics this spring bear hunting and never had a chance to go through all of them,so today I was bored and sat down and went through them and seen this.Looks like the bear has an arrow stuck in the shoulder.I don't know where he came from,I didn't know there was any other baits for miles.

Bow Drawn 12-01-2009 12:57 PM

Boy that does raise whole bunch of questions. I'm surprised that arrow is still there and not broke off for one. Someone had to be near by like with in a mile to several miles for that to have happened for another. The length looks like a longer arrow but no pentration (hit bone but didn't back out) so what's your take on that. More keeping coming up but the main one is, Is that bear still healthy?

timba 12-02-2009 07:28 AM

Ya who ever shot it must have hit the bone,I never had any more pics of the bear or seen it but I'm pretty sure he is fine.

YorkArcher 12-02-2009 12:30 PM

Wow!!!

Thats gotta hurt!!!!

Hope he is OK...

Hope no one is hunting your bait!!!

timba 12-03-2009 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YorkArcher (Post 36824)
Wow!!!

Thats gotta hurt!!!!

Hope he is OK...

Hope no one is hunting your bait!!!

Thats what I was wondering too if some one was sitting at my bait,I only went to it every 10 days to sit.

timba

Bow Drawn 12-17-2009 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timba (Post 36835)
Thats what I was wondering too if some one was sitting at my bait,I only went to it every 10 days to sit.

timba

Makes you wonder how they found it or did you cut a good trail in there. I had some simple questions since I can't even hunt bears in Ohio. Do you have to register you location with the DNR/Game Warden of your bait sites? I wonder if you can get a list of those baiting sites? Do you have to post a sign that you are baiting bears and be aware and stay out? I have seen baiting signs posted on several baits in the past in Canada.

timba 12-17-2009 04:10 PM

All we have to do is put up a sign saying bear bait and our name and # on it.My bait is hard to find unless you know where it is.I had a real hard time this summer when I went to pull everything out.the leaves and grass had grown alot and nothing look the same,almost impossible to find the trail.

I got a new area for this spring that there is no one around hunting bears :)

Bow Drawn 12-18-2009 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timba (Post 37008)
All we have to do is put up a sign saying bear bait and our name and # on it.My bait is hard to find unless you know where it is.I had a real hard time this summer when I went to pull everything out.the leaves and grass had grown alot and nothing look the same,almost impossible to find the trail.

I got a new area for this spring that there is no one around hunting bears :)

Good luck and I'm envious and will be interested on how your hunt turns out for ya. :cool: