Archer's Choice Media Forums

Archer's Choice Media Forums (http://www.archerschoicemedia.com/forum/index.php)
-   Archers Choice (http://www.archerschoicemedia.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   I'm declaring a hunting emergency (http://www.archerschoicemedia.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3369)

SunRiverMan 11-01-2009 11:18 PM

I'm declaring a hunting emergency

The only blood I spilled this year was me sitting on an arrow. I missed a 20 yard broadside shot on a nice whitetail buck because my sight was set on thirty yards and I clipped my blind window on the shot. It should have just been a high hit. Instead I went just over his back. I know, excuses are like...

The only other shots I've had are immature does. My postman pulled out a 164+ buck we had watched grow up and had him patterned. The good thing is we saw another buck so big we named him the Field & Stream buck. I am reasonably sure he is the first 200 class deer I have ever seen in the wild and a state record.

The problem is he won't come out of the swamp until after legal shooting time. The rut is coming and we are hoping for some redemption.

THIS IS AN EMERGENCY. I could get skunked the first time in my life. SRM :o

burrhead 11-02-2009 07:31 AM

I just had to give a guy I work with a speech about not getting frustrated about bowhunting. I told him if you are mad you can't see a big buck your missing the point of bowhunting. Just go out and hunt and enjoy the outdoors and whatever you see, if you only see some does, thats a sucessful hunt. The more fun you have the more sucess you'll have.;)

Bow Drawn 11-02-2009 08:31 AM

I've had to eat a tag or two and I'm not saying I'm THE world best hunter either but I wish you luck so you don't have to salt and pepper your tag before downing it.

timba 11-02-2009 08:51 AM

It took me 8 years to shoot a deer with the bow,this year I managed to get a whitetail,mully and bear.I'm sure things will turn around for you.Good luck

Va Hunter 11-03-2009 03:03 PM

I've eaten tag soup a couple of times, most of it at my own choosing. If you've had the chance to shoot and didn't or if you've missed(heck I've missed twice this season alone!), it's okay. You were there and that's what it's about, at least to me.

ladybowhntr 11-06-2009 08:15 AM

Go into the swamp after him!!!!! You NEED to see the BloodBrothers "Hunting Marsh Bucks" dvd. It will show you how to go in and get that big bruiser. gotta be willing to do the homework and go where others are unwilling to.

AF Hunter 11-14-2009 01:36 PM

Spend more time in the field than on the forums!:D

SunRiverMan 11-15-2009 12:11 AM

A little harsh there. I hunt everyday day I am off and this week I took off to hunt, EVERYDAY. I am in the swamp using a natural made blind. My brother took a big whitetail. This is public land, during the general rifle season, using a bow.

The rut is about to kick in hard and we think a mature whitetail buck will come into bow range soon. Stay tuned. At least I am hunting and not giving others a hard time. SRM