Archer's Choice Media Forums

Archer's Choice Media Forums (http://www.archerschoicemedia.com/forum/index.php)
-   Recipe Book (http://www.archerschoicemedia.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Artery Clogging Jalapenos (http://www.archerschoicemedia.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3203)

TxStarr 09-01-2009 11:47 AM

Artery Clogging Jalapenos

A friend of ours cut the tops out of jalapenos, got most of the seeds out, stuffed them with sausage and grilled them. I don't like messing with the grill but loved the idea of sausage so I experimented.

I cut the jalapenos in half and got all the seeds out. Then I put sausage in the jalapeno half and wrapped bacon around the whole thing and held it together with a toothpick. I battered it (milk/egg mixture then in flour) and deep fried them in the frydaddy. I know, I can hear arteries slamming shut as I type but they were freaking awesome!! Will (the person in my house who doesn't eat leftovers) loved them and heated them the next day for lunch.

So those of y'all who are not watching your cholesterol and like spicy foods, this is the way to go.

Monie 09-01-2009 12:42 PM

If you want artery clogging, fry up some butter! :eek: One time, Paula had a fried butter contest! Who'da thunk it?! I've seen that woman deep fry everything...cake, brownies, ribs. You name it she's fried it!!

TxStarr 09-01-2009 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monie (Post 34598)
If you want artery clogging, fry up some butter! :eek: One time, Paula had a fried butter contest! Who'da thunk it?! I've seen that woman deep fry everything...cake, brownies, ribs. You name it she's fried it!!

And that's why I want to be Paula Deen when I grow up!!

Cherokeechass 09-02-2009 01:32 PM

I love Paula!!!

Va Hunter 09-04-2009 03:47 PM

Starr,
Try replacing the sauage with some cream cheese and see what ya think.

Monie 09-04-2009 07:21 PM

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm....cream cheese....YUM-O!

TxStarr 09-09-2009 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Va Hunter (Post 34752)
Starr,
Try replacing the sauage with some cream cheese and see what ya think.

Been there. Done that. Baked them instead of fried them, though. Husband tried one and then he lofted the rest, pan and all, out the door and said they were disgusting. Now he says someone made some and they were good and begs me to make some again. As if. He ruined an expensive cookie sheet when he threw it out the door, wasted all the time I spent getting the seeds out of those suckers, and upset me beyond belief.

Cherokeechass 09-09-2009 09:26 AM

My dad used to do that to my Mom. She would make something and he would love it. She would make it again and it was worse than dog food. My momma was a great cook! She made beef stew one time and he told her he like Dinty Moore's better. I guarantee she never made it again. Shannon I hope you got a new cookie sheet!!

TxStarr 09-09-2009 09:43 AM

Oh honey, that was 10 years and MANY cookie sheets ago!! hehe! It's not that the cookie sheet was that expensive but the replacement and the weeks he spent fixing his own food was!!