Archer's Choice Media Forums

Archer's Choice Media Forums (http://www.archerschoicemedia.com/forum/index.php)
-   Recipe Book (http://www.archerschoicemedia.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Whole Pork Loin (http://www.archerschoicemedia.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3157)

Monie 08-22-2009 09:28 PM

Whole Pork Loin

Why is pork a loin and deer a backstrap??? :confused:

Anywho, if you want an awesome pork loin do this:

Cut off the fat and inject the loin with a whole bottle of Less Sodium Teriyaki. Let it marinate for a day. Two is better.

Fire up the grill and sear the loin on both sides. Now turn down the flame down to low.

Every 5 to 10 minutes, baste the loin with more teriyaki sauce. Make sure to move and flip the loin to get even cooking throughout, and to help avoid burning, since grills have some areas that get hotter than others.

When you're getting close to the 2 hours, check the loin temp. Well done is 170 degrees. I pull mine at 165 +/- a few degrees, and let it rest for about 5 minutes before I even get near it with a knife.

This is really awesome! Give it a try sometime!

TxStarr 08-26-2009 03:14 PM

Actually it is all tenderloin. Different verbiage for different folks!! hehe!

On a small loin (like you get from wild hogs) we slice it like backstrap and pan fry it with a little salt and pepper. Serve with eggs and homemade biscuits or homemade biscuits and gravy (my personal favorite!). With a large one that we have bought, we slice it and pan fry it with some steak seasoning. Serve with any freaking thing you want or do like me and have it on bread with Miracle Whip!!

YorkArcher 08-26-2009 03:46 PM

Not sure if I'll try the miracle whip but I'll try the rest for sure!!!

TxStarr 08-26-2009 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YorkArcher (Post 34376)
Not sure if I'll try the miracle whip but I'll try the rest for sure!!!

I eat Miracle Whip on any and all sandwiches. Mustard is sour and mayo tastes funny so Miracle Whip it is. Probably a southern thang!

Monie 08-26-2009 07:25 PM

Hmmm Miracle WHip MUST be a southern thing. I'll eat a sandwich dry before I'll put that stuff on it. Blech!

firediver 08-26-2009 07:40 PM

For a quick snack and a twist on the pork loin thing.....buy one of the pre-marinated loins and grill it like Monie suggested. Pull it off the grill and wrap in foil so it can rest for 10 minutes.

Slice it thin and make sandwiches, adding a slice of your favorite cheese and some bbq sauce. If you can find it....King's Hawaiian Sweet Rolls make this a perfect sandwich.

Monie 08-26-2009 08:14 PM

Mmmmmmmm......I love those rolls!

firediver 08-26-2009 08:23 PM

they make for killa pork loin sammys!!!!

rjr 09-03-2009 11:26 PM

I usually use Lea and Perrins Worchestershire sauce, milk, salt and pepper, or Lowery's seasoning salt instead of salt and pepper for both meats.

Bow Drawn 09-04-2009 08:49 AM

Okay you all are hired to be the cooks at hunt camp. When can you start? :) I don't cook but you guys sure worked my appetite over something aweful and it's only 10am. :D