Archer's Choice Media Forums

Archer's Choice Media Forums (http://www.archerschoicemedia.com/forum/index.php)
-   BND - Bear'N Down (http://www.archerschoicemedia.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Bear n' down DVD (http://www.archerschoicemedia.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3068)

steve 07-21-2009 10:11 PM

Bear n' down DVD

I love your bear hunting DVD's. I think you both are great. can you tell me how to get older volumes of bear n down. I had #7 and just bought #8. They are both great and i am rabbid for the stuff. one of the coolest things i think you guys do with your dvd's is posting the range finder distances before the shot and the equipment list after the shot. on # 8 the equipment lettering is very small. other than that it was awesome and my boy and i have been watching you on tv. you guys inspire both of us! Planning a trip sometime soon. I might have missed it but do you do any bear hunting in ontario. Do you know any reasonable bear hunts for my boy and i that are drivable (lower province ontario) ? I live in Northern WI.

I"m not sure if you'll even get this but thank you!
we'll be watching and cheering you guys on!

toomse 07-21-2009 10:56 PM

Welcome to the forum. :)

You can find all of the Bear N' Down DVDs in the shopping section.
https://www.archerschoicemedia.com/shop/bearndown.html

steve 07-21-2009 11:21 PM

ty

ty for info!

flinger 07-22-2009 01:15 PM

Hey Steve,

Russ here from Adrenaline Outfitters. We may be able to help if your boy is between 12 and 18 years old. My partners and I have decided to start a program we call the 'Hunting Stimulus Package for Families'. Basically, for any adult booking a hunt with us, we offer them to bring a youth hunter along with them for free. There is more details on the thread in this forum titled "Free Youth Black Bear Hunts Available". We are in Manitoba, which is not an outrageous drive from Wisconsin (depending on where you live). My home is about 12 hours from Madison, and our 2 closest camps are about 3 hours from here. Check out our website for more details, if you have any more questions, ask me on this forum or email me direct at rmehling@steinbach.ca.

Russ Mehling - adrenalineoutfitters.ca

timba 07-26-2009 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flinger (Post 33499)
Hey Steve,

Russ here from Adrenaline Outfitters. We may be able to help if your boy is between 12 and 18 years old. My partners and I have decided to start a program we call the 'Hunting Stimulus Package for Families'. Basically, for any adult booking a hunt with us, we offer them to bring a youth hunter along with them for free. There is more details on the thread in this forum titled "Free Youth Black Bear Hunts Available". We are in Manitoba, which is not an outrageous drive from Wisconsin (depending on where you live). My home is about 12 hours from Madison, and our 2 closest camps are about 3 hours from here. Check out our website for more details, if you have any more questions, ask me on this forum or email me direct at rmehling@steinbach.ca.

Russ Mehling - adrenalineoutfitters.ca

thats pretty awesome,a free youth black bear.

timba

timba 07-26-2009 09:28 AM

Steve I had the the 7 and 8 dvds and this year order 1,2,3 dvd's and they are really good too.I'm going to try and get all the volumes.

timba

steve 07-29-2009 10:02 AM

TY for info flinger!

I will be looking at your website and planning on a trip for next year spring/fall? when is best? when do you have to book by for next year?
What cal do you reccomend? I have my bow, 44 mag lever gun, 30-06 bolt, and will be getting my new 45-70 marlin lever gun next month. This will be our first bear hunt. im so excited! Is there any other equipment i need that is bear hunting specific. I hunt whitetails in wi. thanks for taking time to write back!

steve 07-29-2009 10:04 AM

Sounds great Timba!

i will be ordering the older dvd's of bear n down soon!

flinger 07-29-2009 12:54 PM

Hey Steve,

Our success rate for spring and fall are pretty much the same. We hunt bears a little differently in the fall sometimes. We set out baits but we also have a lot of agricultural land to hunt and may spot and stalk as well - especially with firearms hunters. In the spring, you may have the opportunity to fish as well.

We still have openings for next spring or fall, (just over 1/2 full) but the earlier you book, the more selection you will have for dates.

As for caliber, we recommend a minimum of a .270 with a heavy, well constructed bullet. Most whitetail rifles will get the job done. Most shots will be less than 100 yards. The guns you mentioned will all work. All our bait sites are setup with the bowhunter in mind.

As far as specific equipment, the first thing that comes to mind is a Thermacell. You will see a list of specific items to bring on our website.

Let me know if you need any other info,

Russ

bearhunterfromthestart 07-29-2009 05:14 PM

welcome!
great to have more cheese heads on here!!

look at boonesbearcamp.com
very reasonable!