Archer's Choice Media Forums

Archer's Choice Media Forums (http://www.archerschoicemedia.com/forum/index.php)
-   Recipe Book (http://www.archerschoicemedia.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   tasteless chicken (http://www.archerschoicemedia.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3000)

encore 06-28-2009 08:27 AM

tasteless chicken

what's up with chicken these days? just seems like they have no taste. i tried heavy spices, injecting marinades etc. i cook them on the rotissere on the grill or in the roaster and it seems like your just eating nothing. a guy i know soaks his for two days in his secret marinade and they taste great.(he won't give the recipe out) anyone have any good recipes out there ! not looking for barbecue sauces. thanks tom

Va Hunter 06-29-2009 03:07 PM

Look at the labels on some chicken packages. The ones I've seen lately say that there has been chicken stock added. HUH?

My little brother likes to use those stands that ya put up a chickens butt. The stands are really just can holders. He told me just recently that a whole chicken cooked with a can of coke is fantastic! He likes doing them with a dark beer also.
I've injected chicken leg quarters with buffalo sauce and grilled them slowly. Don't try to marinate with the sauce because the sauce will carmalize(sp?) and burn before the chicken gets done.
I fix grilled breasts for my wife and use Morton's seasoned salt on them. Rub a little bit on before grilling. When ya turn 'em over, hit them with a little spray butter and more season salt. The butter keeps them from getting too dried out.

Hope some of these work for ya!

firediver 06-29-2009 09:26 PM

One trick to add some flavor to your bird is to take your favorite rub, spices, etc and rub them in under the skin on the breast. Take your finger and carefully separate the skin from the flesh and apply your seasoning.

Monie 06-29-2009 11:04 PM

One thing I like to do if I know it's going to be a hectic day is put a chicken in the crock pot. I generally add season salt, onion, celery, potatos, carrots and about a half inch of water - just enough to help keep the chicken moist. Turn it on low and when you get home, you'll have an awesome, fall off the bone, very tastey chicken dinner. :)

To make room in the crock, stuff the chicken with the celery and onion.

YorkArcher 06-30-2009 07:26 AM

I started smoking them. My kids love it and it only takes a couple hours.

Colorado Rick 06-30-2009 08:42 AM

I've never heard a chicken tell a dirty joke. :confused:

YorkArcher 06-30-2009 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colorado Rick (Post 33061)
I've never heard a chicken tell a dirty joke. :confused:

Your missin out bud!!!!

They are hilarious...

TxStarr 08-04-2009 03:18 PM

You can soak them in Italian Island Dressing. A guy we know cooks for a small restaurant (they serve chicken breasts grilled and steak and baked potatoes and a house salad. period. They're open Thursday, Friday, and Saturday and they sell out of chicken every time.). He soaks them all day in the dressing in the fridge.

In the rotisserie we always put butter and seasonings inside before we tied it up and skewered it. Then we put a rub on the outside.

Monie 08-04-2009 07:52 PM

I've done that before. It IS REALLY GOOD! Usually when I do it though, it's to throw IN a salad. It's pretty yummy.