Archer's Choice Media Forums

Archer's Choice Media Forums (http://www.archerschoicemedia.com/forum/index.php)
-   Turkey Talk (http://www.archerschoicemedia.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Can't buy a break! (http://www.archerschoicemedia.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2876)

Adam 05-11-2009 07:56 AM

Can't buy a break!

Man, I just can't get a break this year! I could've shot a bunch of jakes but the toms just don't want to work or I screw up somehow.

Busted a tom off the roost Friday morning 1st set up. On the 2nd set up we had a lone tom crossing a field and we set up about 10 yards apart, my caller to my left. The bird circled into the woods and came out 20 yards to the left of my caller, checked out the decoy and walked off. He had a wide open shot but is already tagged out.

Still got half the season left, but I'll admit that I'm getting frustrated.

YorkArcher 05-11-2009 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam (Post 31994)
Man, I just can't get a break this year! I could've shot a bunch of jakes but the toms just don't want to work or I screw up somehow.

Busted a tom off the roost Friday morning 1st set up. On the 2nd set up we had a lone tom crossing a field and we set up about 10 yards apart, my caller to my left. The bird circled into the woods and came out 20 yards to the left of my caller, checked out the decoy and walked off. He had a wide open shot but is already tagged out.

Still got half the season left, but I'll admit that I'm getting frustrated.

Firedriver rule of complaining clearly states that you will now see the worlds largest turkey and it will sacrifice itself to you without a shot fired....

On camera!!!!!!:D:D

ladybowhntr 05-11-2009 09:16 AM

Beware.........More frustration can lead to more frustration!!!!! We have faith, you will connect!!!!!

MJewell 05-11-2009 10:59 AM

Have been having an hard time getting time to hunt with my hunting partner since opening day. Have took some time to try it alone and have not been seeing anything close enough then hens and jakes. Watch two tom 2 properties to the south of mine for over 45minutes but they just will not come to the calls. Heading back out here in afew minutes to try it again as they always come my way for the evening. Seen 2 toms and afew hens in my field on Saturday night but was on my way to and Jack and Jill so I couldn't do much about them.

Matt

firediver 05-11-2009 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yorkarcher (Post 31995)
firedriver rule of complaining clearly states that you will now see the worlds largest turkey and it will sacrifice itself to you without a shot fired....

On camera!!!!!!:d:d

hahahahahaahahahahahahaha

Adam 05-11-2009 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YorkArcher (Post 31995)
Firedriver rule of complaining clearly states that you will now see the worlds largest turkey and it will sacrifice itself to you without a shot fired....

On camera!!!!!!:D:D

I hope you're right!

Adam 05-19-2009 07:34 AM

Sweet success!

Update later!