Archer's Choice Media Forums

Archer's Choice Media Forums (http://www.archerschoicemedia.com/forum/index.php)
-   BND - Bear'N Down (http://www.archerschoicemedia.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Baiting time is here!!!!!! (http://www.archerschoicemedia.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2766)

Liege 04-05-2009 03:42 PM

Baiting time is here!!!!!!

Picked up the oats today; just have to mix in the old fryer oil, sugar and liquid smoke. I'm going to go up for a look next week, although I here there is still a lot of snow in the bush. The old Argo on tracks will be alright, though. Got my meat scraps and the secret ingredient all lined up; might even put the barrels out next week, if I have time. Can't wait to lower the boom on Mr. bear with the Rezen!!! Good luck and good hunting to all who are going bear hunting this spring.:)

Gord

timba 04-06-2009 03:45 PM

I still have to make a trip out to the father in laws to get some oats but now my besnard lake bear trip is back on so may 9th we'll head up there and put out the baits.I can't wait.

timba 04-06-2009 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liege (Post 31219)
Picked up the oats today; just have to mix in the old fryer oil, sugar and liquid smoke. I'm going to go up for a look next week, although I here there is still a lot of snow in the bush. The old Argo on tracks will be alright, though. Got my meat scraps and the secret ingredient all lined up; might even put the barrels out next week, if I have time. Can't wait to lower the boom on Mr. bear with the Rezen!!! Good luck and good hunting to all who are going bear hunting this spring.:)

Gord

are you mixing your oats,oil, sugar and liquid smoke all together in a barrel?Is there big jugs of liquid smoke?I can only find the little bottles in llyod at nutters.

sheldon

bear2 04-06-2009 07:54 PM

We can get it in gallons, 5 gallons etc. but I don't think you want to pay shipping from here to there. Try a restaurant supply or even your local diner may be able to order it for you. It shoul be WAY cheaper than the little bottles.Good luck with the baits.

Liege 04-07-2009 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timba (Post 31247)
are you mixing your oats,oil, sugar and liquid smoke all together in a barrel?Is there big jugs of liquid smoke?I can only find the little bottles in llyod at nutters.

sheldon

I'm using the little bottles for now, as that stuff goes a long way. Halford Hides in Edmonton brings in the bigger bottles (16 oz, I think), but they don't have any right now. I have some friends driving up from the States later on this year, and I'll get them to pick up a case or two of the gallon jugs.:D Do you want some? let me know.

Gord

timba 04-08-2009 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liege (Post 31283)
I'm using the little bottles for now, as that stuff goes a long way. Halford Hides in Edmonton brings in the bigger bottles (16 oz, I think), but they don't have any right now. I have some friends driving up from the States later on this year, and I'll get them to pick up a case or two of the gallon jugs.:D Do you want some? let me know.

Gord

Ya let me know what they cost I might be looking for a jug or 2.I like to mix the liquid smoke with fish guts.

sheldon

blackbearguide 04-09-2009 09:58 PM

big bear scents

Quote:

Originally Posted by bear2 (Post 31263)
We can get it in gallons, 5 gallons etc. but I don't think you want to pay shipping from here to there. Try a restaurant supply or even your local diner may be able to order it for you. It shoul be WAY cheaper than the little bottles.Good luck with the baits.

Your pro staff for big bear scents thats awesome. I've used their shellfish and anise sprays for a couple years now and it works awesome!

bear2 04-13-2009 07:09 PM

Sorry it took so long to respond. We have been extremely busy unloading and selling bear bait lately (about 13,000#) this weekend alone plus still running the studio full time & getting ready for Quebec. You can't shoot enough. Yes Big Bear Scents are strong best I've found to date & Dave is easy to work with.
Are you a guide if so where.

sandilands 04-17-2009 09:26 AM

I have 5 baits set and 2 more to go out. I hunt in a party of 4 guys but we like to have a few extra sites in case the bears are a little slow on some sites. We're using oats, corn, grease, pigskins and stink baits. I couldn't get any beaver again but we have pails of rotten chicken and fish that seem to work. Another trip is planned soon to set up the last 2 sites and to double up on the grease at the existing sites

Liege 04-29-2009 10:30 PM

Heading out on another bait run tomorrow. If things work out, I'll start hunting them next week. Once I get through with my last day shift on the 12th, I've got 12 days of bear hunting going on.

Gord