Archer's Choice Media Forums

Archer's Choice Media Forums (http://www.archerschoicemedia.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hook, Line & Sinker (http://www.archerschoicemedia.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Last day of ice fishing (http://www.archerschoicemedia.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2696)

burrhead 03-18-2009 11:52 AM

Last day of ice fishing

Todays probably the last day i will be able to go ice fishing, with the warm weather and wind and rain they are forcasting for the weekend its all but over.:( I'm heading out this afternoon for one last chance for some jumbo perch.:) After ice off i'll have to warm up the long poles.

burrhead 03-19-2009 08:39 AM

Yesterday was for sure a sign its time to give up ice fishing for the year. It all started when I got gas and went to get some minnows, they said there were no more and probably wouldn't be getting any more in because people weren't paying for there minnows, the minnow shack is a seperate little building and you get the key and get your minnows and tell them how many you got. So a few bad people ruined it for everyone.:mad: So I figured i'll get minnows in the little town by the lake i was fishing at. I drive 60 miles stop at the gas station and you guessed it no minnows.:mad: Now what do I do, I figured I'll make the mile walk out on the lake and hope I can buy some minnows off someone else, luckily the first guy I talked to gave me some minnows, and wouldn't take any money, good fella.:cool: So I finnaly got to fishing, and nothing is biting, fished for about three hours and finnally had a bobber go down, so I went to set the hook and my drag was loose and I lost that fish.:( I tighten up my drag and commenced to fishing again, nothing happening again, its about sunset, I'm waitin for them to cut loose, and still nothing, then bobber down again, I set the hook, my rod bent in a U, it was big, but I reset my drag to tight and snap, broke my line.:mad: After a series of swear words I packed up my gear and headed for shore, walked by a guy with two kids and they were catching walleye left and right, told them to have fun and headed for home. Some days nothing goes right.:confused:

burrhead 03-19-2009 11:44 AM

OK I lied, one of my friends just called and said they hammered the perch and walleye on the other side of the lake yesterday, so here we go.:eek: This is definatley the last day of ice fishing for me, hopefully it will end on a good note.:) I'm serious, its the last time.:rolleyes:

YorkArcher 03-19-2009 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by burrhead (Post 30729)
OK I lied, one of my friends just called and said they hammered the perch and walleye on the other side of the lake yesterday, so here we go.:eek: This is definatley the last day of ice fishing for me, hopefully it will end on a good note.:) I'm serious, its the last time.:rolleyes:

Yeah right....

You wont quit till you hear the ice cracking!!!!:D:D

MJewell 03-19-2009 05:09 PM

We finish here last Sunday, hate to have to pull the hut as it was such a nice day. Did limit out in Lakers with two that were close to 7lbs and release another and an whitefish. My hardwater actionis done for one more year once again.

Don't fish to much open water inless it is at the fishing club that I work for, but that is like shooting sitting ducks as far as I'm concerned.

Matt

burrhead 03-20-2009 07:35 AM

We did really good yesterday, lots of jumbo perch and walleye, ice is fine out on the lake, but getting on the lake is getting bad. With all the snow melted the is alot of water around the edge of the lake, you have to walk through a slough full of water to get to the ice. When we were leaving in the dark last night, I tipped over my sled in the slough and didn't relize it till we got back to the pickup that I lost my favorite jiggin rod.:mad: So that seals the deal, I'm done for the year.;) I'm serious you guys, don't look at me like that, i'm really done.:rolleyes: