Archer's Choice Media Forums

Archer's Choice Media Forums (http://www.archerschoicemedia.com/forum/index.php)
-   Ask Ralph, Vicki & The Posse (http://www.archerschoicemedia.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   beyond the lodge (http://www.archerschoicemedia.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2629)

rainman 02-26-2009 07:18 PM

beyond the lodge

did anyone see the show "beyond the lodge" featuring vicki c. well i just have to say that is was done very well and that i am glad to be a part of this team. if you watched it you saw the behind the scenes of what it takes to do a show and the drive to keep moving forward. i liked how they showed the crew in the shop working together to build shows and the family type atmosphere to keep it all going. hats off to the crew at she safari for putting together a show that incorporates hunting, work,and family. and to acm for being the people who you all are. glad to be here.

tony p (rainman)

Monie 02-26-2009 10:06 PM

Yep! Good show...they still need to do something about the voice over and making it not so Plant Earthy. (*~*)

wyote 02-27-2009 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monie (Post 29937)
Yep! Good show...they still need to do something about the voice over and making it not so Plant Earthy. (*~*)

Monie
Thats been bugging me ever since you mentioned that on another thread.:(

I can't handle those info-mercials with anyone speaking with an english accent either

Bow Drawn 02-27-2009 09:56 AM

I have a hard time watching this show from the beginning to the end - it's just gets boring. Sorry just isn't getting it for me and enjoy watching woman hunt but this one just leaves me cold.

Monie 02-27-2009 10:50 AM

You hit the nail on the head! I seriously hope that they don't think this is what women want to watch. My non-hunting female friends thought it might be a cool show, but were "left cold". I pray to God it gets better. Lord knows I support everyone who hunts, especially women, but if this show continues on it's course....I don't think I can make myself watch it for any length of time.

I suppose we should email them and let them know what we think. That would be best, so they can make changes if they decide to listen.

Va Hunter 02-27-2009 11:44 AM

Listening to a commentator, who's every sentence sounds like a question, is irritating to begin with. Then you've got this accent that, well, just don't sound exactly right. I don't know, folks...maybe some Emails to SheSafari will help get it straightened out. If we ain't enjoying it and are turning it off, they ain't gonna be there long.

oneshot 02-27-2009 12:34 PM

Great Ideas It is hard to stomach sometimes. Lets let them know what's wrong with it.

bear1 02-27-2009 04:10 PM

We tried watching it, but, the voice of the speaker, just doesn't sit right. And being a woman hunter and trying to be taken seriously when hunting, the perfect makeup and looking liking your going out ,of Pam(I think that's her name) doesn't help any of us. It just seems out of sorts. I hope Vicki can help it out, if she can make it half the show that she and Ralph have it would be good.

Great White Hunter 02-27-2009 05:53 PM

I agree. The British accent is annoying, doesn't work, and in my opinion has no part on our American hunting culture. Showcasing American game animals like WT deer and big bull elk with British narration is way out in left field. Pam is from Conroe, TX, you'd think she would know that narration doesn't fit. If it was one of the red-coated fox hunts I'd get it...of course I wouldn't watch it anyway.

I can't imagine Ralph and Vicki ever having a British narrator unless they were out gallavanting around in the deer woods in red coats, talk black boots, riding helmets and blunderbusts. Could you imagine a show with Toxey Haas or Cuz Strickland in knickers and polo clubs up in tree stands? No? Well, I can't watch deer hunting with that narration. Tell Pam to fire the narrator before I hang myself with my deer drag.

Suck up points: Vicki - you make every show you're on good!:D

NCSCOTT68 02-27-2009 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oneshot (Post 29973)
Great Ideas It is hard to stomach sometimes. Lets let them know what's wrong with it.

+1+1.......short and sweet but to the point;)