Archer's Choice Media Forums

Archer's Choice Media Forums (http://www.archerschoicemedia.com/forum/index.php)
-   MM - Moose Mania (http://www.archerschoicemedia.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   2009 moose hunt (http://www.archerschoicemedia.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2614)

Liege 02-24-2009 11:10 AM

2009 moose hunt

Hey, there, fellow moose hunters: Well, it's almost the end of Feb, and Sep can't come soon enough. I'm going moose hunting with a couple of really good buddies, and we're flying into northern BC, just south of the Yukon border. I CAN'T WAIT!!!! I'm busy shooting indoors with my new rig (Matthews Rezen), and that's what I'm going to hunt with. One guy calling, one guy filming, and one shooting - how much better can it get? Oh, and after the moose, we're going to tackle Mountain Caribou. I'm starting to get my meat-packin' muscles ready now!!

Gord

Bow Drawn 02-24-2009 03:20 PM

WAY Sweet! To me that might be a hunt of all time - good luck.

The Reezen is one cooking shootin machine!!!! Congrats! Not too many Mathews fans here - I happen to be one -You never need an excuse to get in the woods...just a Reezen!

timba 02-25-2009 08:38 AM

Me and a few guys are going to head up to the yukon for moose this fall as long things don't get to tight with the economy.

timba

Liege 02-25-2009 10:05 AM

Yukon moose

Right on, timba! Go for it, we only live once, buddy. Are you guys going with friends from the Yukon, or with an outfitter? Some of those hunts are pretty pricey, but if you can afford it, I wish you luck and straight shooting, bro.

Gord

Canuck2 02-25-2009 10:45 AM

That will be one terrific hunt. I've hunted moose many times in central BC but they're midgets compared to the Alaska-Yukon (northern BC) giants. I'm wondering the same as Liege - are you going with an outfitter and, if so, which one?

timba 02-25-2009 12:19 PM

Its going to be me and 4 other guys from alberta we are doing it your self hunt(can't afford a outfitter).I don't think we will get much but I still want to go,say I tried it and see the country up there.If it turns out not be not to bad maybe the wife will let me go latter in the future again :)

timba

Liege 02-25-2009 02:42 PM

Ref 2009 moose hunt

Timba: Have you checked into the regulations with regard to Canadian non-resident hunting up there? I could be wrong, but you may be required to have a Yukon resident host you so that you can hunt there.

Gord

Canuck2 02-25-2009 05:27 PM

Good point, Liege. Actually, if anyone is hunting as a nonresident in BC, most likely a registered guide/outfitter is compulsory. The only exceptions are if you're accompanied by a very close relative - parent, offspring, or sibling - who is a BC resident. I don't know what the regulations are in the Yukon.

Liege 02-26-2009 05:58 PM

A non-resident Canadian may be hosted/accompanied by any BC resident to hunt big game in BC. A non-resident Alien may be hosted/accompanied by a BC resident who must be a relative; otherwise, the hunt must be contracted through an outfitter/guide.

Canuck2 02-26-2009 08:31 PM

Right you are, Liege. I was referring particularly to nonresident aliens as I assumed, probably incorrectly, that you weren't Canadian. Please excuse any ignorance on my part.:)