Archer's Choice Media Forums

Archer's Choice Media Forums (http://www.archerschoicemedia.com/forum/index.php)
-   Ask Ralph, Vicki & The Posse (http://www.archerschoicemedia.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Setting up my new alphamax (http://www.archerschoicemedia.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2586)

archerynut78 02-18-2009 09:15 PM

Setting up my new alphamax

going to buy the alphamax32 this weekend any thought on what kind of sights to us, rests and so on...Thanks in advance

bullmoose38 02-18-2009 09:27 PM

The AM you are going to love! Its a sweet shooter! As for sights I would look at the truglo. They have some of the best sights on the market plus there customer service is great. As for rest look at the NAP Freedom. Its a pretty neat design. Holds your arrow secure until the shot. Plus it has no strings attached which is another cool feature. I also like the NAP sizzors rest. Let us know what you decide on. Enjoy the bow!:)

PAdroptine 02-18-2009 09:38 PM

I agree with Adam with the TRU GLO sights there great and work well. I use a NAP Quiktune Drop away and it works awesome:D

Bow Drawn 02-19-2009 10:56 AM

Congrats on the new bow. It's always a tough thing to accessories a new bow with all the choices available.

I'd recommend a Spot Hogg sight. I prefer the Real Deal sight but they have some new ones just coming out this year that are very interesting. They are built with all the right stuff and they hold up for years or at least they have for me.

For a good full capture follow away rest I'd recommend the rip cord or the QAD HD Pro.

Stabilizer I'd recommend a Stealth, they work better than most that I've tried.

Good luck and have fun with the new tool.

woody 02-20-2009 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bullmoose38 (Post 29332)
The AM you are going to love! Its a sweet shooter! As for sights I would look at the truglo. They have some of the best sights on the market plus there customer service is great. As for rest look at the NAP Freedom. Its a pretty neat design. Holds your arrow secure until the shot. Plus it has no strings attached which is another cool feature. I also like the NAP sizzors rest. Let us know what you decide on. Enjoy the bow!:)

adam were did you buy yours? and how much?

archerynut78 02-21-2009 12:35 AM

sorry guys

I am very sorry for all of the hoyt supporters out there...I went and test drove the mathews DXT and brought her home...i elected to go with the mathews spider web quiver, mathews down force rest...this thing is great guys if you haven't seen it check it out...then i took the old cheap tru glow off my old bow and i am happier than a pig in the brown stuff again i would like to thank you all and apoligize for switching over but..."Catch us if you can"

woody 02-21-2009 07:10 PM

shoot whatever feels right for you!:cool:

firediver 02-21-2009 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by archerynut78 (Post 29530)
..."catch us if you can"

i can!!!!!! :)

bullmoose38 02-21-2009 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by woody (Post 29479)
adam were did you buy yours? and how much?

Woodys sporting goods in Wernersville PA. As for the price I am not sure what he gets. Look him up on the web. Real nice shop and great to deal with!:)

woody 02-24-2009 11:39 AM

shot one yesterday what a bow!! so light,smooth.awesome all the way round!! gonna half to sell my katera xl:(