Archer's Choice Media Forums

Archer's Choice Media Forums (http://www.archerschoicemedia.com/forum/index.php)
-   Recipe Book (http://www.archerschoicemedia.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Afterburner Chili (http://www.archerschoicemedia.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2581)

AF Hunter 02-18-2009 09:19 AM

Afterburner Chili

AFTERBURNER CHILI AF Hunter
1 lb ground venison (thus this forum)
1 lb italian sausage
1 lb slab bacon
1 vadalia onion
1 tbs minced garlic
2 tbs liquid smoke
1 jar of "Mad Hatters Hot Salsa" (If you can't get Mad Hatters, use another hot salsa)
2 jars of "Chilis" Medium Salsa
Chili Powder
1/2 tsp cumin

Start off by cutting the bacon into 1" strips and dice the onions
Fry the bacon until almost done and then add the onions and liquid smoke
Fry the bacon & onions until onions until translucent
Take the onions and bacon out of the grease and add the venison and italian sausage in.
Crumble the sausage and venison while it cooks
When the sausage and venison is browned, add the bacon and onions back in. LEAVE THE BACON GREASE IN THERE!!!
Pour in the three jars of salsa and cook until the mixture is hot.
Add the cumin and then sprinkle the mixture with chili powder until she's got a nice coating over the top (I never measure the chili powder for some stupid reason). i'd guess its about 3 - 4 tbs.
Stir and lower the heat to a simmer.
Let it simmer for a couple of hours and then eat up. Chili will be a little spicy.
For the award winning part, after its simmered for a couple of hours let it cool and put it in the fridge overnight. Reheat the next day and it's an award winner!

Monie 02-18-2009 09:50 AM

MmmmmMMMMMM!!!!! That sure do sound good! I'll have to give it a whirl!

Va Hunter 02-18-2009 03:06 PM

Sounds good! Matter of fact..it sounds dang good! Might just have to try this one.

One, small things missing ,though....

WHERE THE HECK ARE THA BEANS?????????????????

Down here, chili's 'posed to have beans. Whether ya use kidneys, pintos, or black ones.

I'm cooking up a big pot of WHISTLE BERRIES ,tonite(pintos), matter of fact. HMMMMM???? Maybe , just maybe...

Does cornbread go alright with chili?

Heck, I ain't gonna be able to stand myself after this, let alone what I'm fixin' to do to my coworkers!

This is gonna be FUN!!!!!!!!!!!

Monie 02-18-2009 05:38 PM

Oh man....don't get me started! WHEW!!

Give me a beer and some beans and LOOK OUT!!!!!!!!

I had the fire department out the other day, because the neighbors reported a gas leak!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

BRIAN34 02-19-2009 08:19 PM

That sounds dang good!!!! Yum yum. :d

AF Hunter 02-20-2009 07:56 AM

For those who don't want original chili, add some beans, but this recipe is a meal in itself. Corn bread would be good with this, but I just bake up some homemade garlic bread when I make the chili. Now, when I say homemade, I take a loaf of Italian bread and lathe butter on it and then slice garlic thin and spread across the top and bake. This bread and chili could give you enough fire power to knock a buzzard off a manure spreader at 100 yards.

woody 02-20-2009 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monie (Post 29324)
Oh man....don't get me started! WHEW!!

Give me a beer and some beans and LOOK OUT!!!!!!!!

I had the fire department out the other day, because the neighbors reported a gas leak!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

now thats funny!ha ha ha ha:D

Monie 02-20-2009 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AF Hunter (Post 29466)
For those who don't want original chili, add some beans, but this recipe is a meal in itself. Corn bread would be good with this, but I just bake up some homemade garlic bread when I make the chili. Now, when I say homemade, I take a loaf of Italian bread and lathe butter on it and then slice garlic thin and spread across the top and bake. This bread and chili could give you enough fire power to knock a buzzard off a manure spreader at 100 yards.

A Buzzard? Shooooooootttttttt...I like to put up those itty bitty deviled ham cans on a fence at about150 yards. By gum, I knock those babies clean off!! BAP BAP BAP BRAAPPPP BRRRRRRRRAAAAPPPPP Dang neighbors thought I was firing off a machine gun and called cops on me! :eek:

AF Hunter 03-02-2009 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monie (Post 29496)
A Buzzard? Shooooooootttttttt...I like to put up those itty bitty deviled ham cans on a fence at about150 yards. By gum, I knock those babies clean off!! BAP BAP BAP BRAAPPPP BRRRRRRRRAAAAPPPPP Dang neighbors thought I was firing off a machine gun and called cops on me! :eek:

Dang! I forgot to say the upwind part. Lets try this again...

You can knock a buzzard off an upwind manure wagon at 100 paces!

Is that better?