Archer's Choice Media Forums

Archer's Choice Media Forums (http://www.archerschoicemedia.com/forum/index.php)
-   Equipment (http://www.archerschoicemedia.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Time for a new bow opinions needed (http://www.archerschoicemedia.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2550)

LadyArcher 02-10-2009 08:08 AM

Time for a new bow opinions needed

Once again I want to upgrade from my Selena..I have always owned a Hoyt but I have been considering going outside my comfort zone. I have such a hard time finding a good fit bow because I have such a short draw 25in so using a D-Loop I need a bow with a 24in draw...sometimes this limites me. So here are my choices

Hoyt Alphamax
Hoyt Katera
Bowtech Captin
APA Black Mamba X1

Bow Drawn 02-10-2009 08:49 AM

Have you actually test shot any of these bows and if so then let that be the process of buying one over an another.

One other thing I might add is why just these bows and not some others?

You might want to look for a bow that is made in half inch length draws too because a d-loop really is a 1/2" length added to your draw. Or you might look at changing your release so your draw is in tighter to your hand and use a small/shorter d-loop. Just trying to help.

Great White Hunter 02-10-2009 05:26 PM

We just got a couple of Diamond Iceman bows in the shop. I WILL BE SELLING MY BLACK ICE TO GET ONE! You need to find one near you and take it for a test drive! The Black Ice was the best I've shot until the Iceman cometh.

bullmoose38 02-10-2009 09:21 PM

I would shoot the Hoyt Alphamax. If you do I am sure that will be the bow you will be leaving with. Its a sweet shooter!:)

ladybowhntr 02-11-2009 01:51 PM

Have you checked out Parker bows?

MJewell 02-11-2009 07:42 PM

Get which ever fits you the best. Only way to do that is to try them all.

Matt

Colorado Rick 02-11-2009 08:20 PM

Yeah geez... what a bummer huh?

I can't help you move.
Yeah I'm really sorry too because I'm sure it would be loads of fun to see everyone again.

No.... I have to shoot bows all weekend. Yeah it sucks. Takes forever.

LadyArcher 02-12-2009 11:30 AM

I have one small problem with trying these new bows out to see which one I like.I live in a small hick town...we are the only bowshop for miles around, closest would be 6hrs away...& most of them don't stock a 50lb bow with a 24 inch draw.I would have to order one in & pay up front.

So out of the few I' pick are bows that we carry, but I don't want to order one of each because I propably wouldn't be able to sell the the ones I didn't choose. The area where I live, there are not too many women hunters(I'm trying to change that :) ) So any & all input would be nice...right now I'm leaning on the bowtech side because they have a adjustable draw from 24-30 with no bow press required.So when it comes to resale this one would be much easier If i don't like it

bear1 02-13-2009 06:10 PM

I shoot the Black Ice, used to shoot Parker 31, liked it, then for a year had a Martin, that was what I could find to fit, then I picked up the Black Ice, and had to have it. Before they set it up to fit me, my husband shot it , he ended up with one, then my daughter shot mine and she has one. For me it is very forgiving, no recoil, and light weight. I had a good year with it, shot 2 bears and a P& Y buck with it.

HurricaneCreek 02-14-2009 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LadyArcher (Post 29105)
I have one small problem with trying these new bows out to see which one I like.I live in a small hick town...we are the only bowshop for miles around, closest would be 6hrs away...& most of them don't stock a 50lb bow with a 24 inch draw.I would have to order one in & pay up front.

Yeah, my problem exactly...kinda stinks doesn't it! I have yet to buy a bow that I have gotten to shoot first :( But I did just pick up an 09 PSE X-Force and it is without a doubt my favorite bow to date....