Archer's Choice Media Forums

Archer's Choice Media Forums (http://www.archerschoicemedia.com/forum/index.php)
-   Equipment (http://www.archerschoicemedia.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   2008 gear (http://www.archerschoicemedia.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24)

rodney482 01-08-2008 09:04 AM

2008 gear

So what changes are you guys and gals making for 2008

Bow?
Sight?
Release?
Optics?
Stands?
Camo?

If you are switching please tell from what to what and why

rodney482 01-08-2008 09:08 AM

I will start off.

Keeping my Drenalin but also buying a Drenalin LD, plan on using the LD for target and hunting

I am going to be using the new MO camo. Nothing worng with break up just need some new clothes.

I am upgrading from Vortex Diamondbacks to Vortex Vipers ....These binos are great www.vortexoptics.com
for the $ they can not be beat.

I will be shooting FOB's instead of Blazers...I still love the blazers but the FOB's really stabilize my broadheads well.
www.starrflight.com

Everything else is staying the same.

bullmoose38 01-08-2008 09:27 AM

I switched bows for 2008 Went from a Hoyt Vectrix to a Hoyt Katera. Just needed a new toy. Everything else I will probably keep the same.

firediver 01-08-2008 09:30 AM

I'm hoping to upgrade from the Hoyt Trykon to the Katera. That and a dozen arrows and I will be set. Well.......I should upgrade my bino's.....and since I started filming most of my hunts this year, I need a few more treestands so we don't have to carry a cameraman stand into the woods with us every time we go out.

rodney482 01-08-2008 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by firediver (Post 77)
I'm hoping to upgrade from the Hoyt Trykon to the Katera. That and a dozen arrows and I will be set. Well.......I should upgrade my bino's.....and since I started filming most of my hunts this year, I need a few more treestands so we don't have to carry a cameraman stand into the woods with us every time we go out.

The katera is a very nice bow,,,love how it holds and the draw cycle is very nice.

Adam 01-08-2008 10:00 AM

I switched from a Mathews SQ2 to a Hoyt Katera XL. I kept my Cobra Sidewinder sight, Thunderhead broadheads, Limbsaver stabilizer, and my Scott release. EVERYTHING else will be new.

I plan on shooting Beman ICS Hunter Elites and a Trophy Taker dropaway rest. I need to figure out a quiver yet, I'm not sure if I'm going with one by Hoyt, Tru-Glo, or what. Any recommendations?

farmcntry 01-08-2008 10:50 AM

I'm making the big switch from alum. to carbon arrows.

(Yeah I'm a little slow.);)

Monie 01-08-2008 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by farmcntry (Post 124)

Careful now, don't hurt yourself. :p

I may get some more arrows. Probably 2 sets. I set for hunting and logs for 3D. I really should get a bow just for 3D, but I can't bring myself to spend the money. I'm in Hunter Class anyway.

I'll be picking up a range finder. I can't think of anything else at the moment. I usually use my stuff for a while before I get something new.

bullmoose38 01-08-2008 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by farmcntry (Post 124)

LOL They still make aluminum?

TLC 01-08-2008 11:01 PM

not really hunting equipment, but getting a new corn planter and a new combine for the food plots. and sure there will be some new toy that comes out that I will just have to have.

anyone get one of those butt pullers? and if so, what did you think? not impressed with it as it went in easily enough, but kept hanging up on the pull back out.