Archer's Choice Media Forums

Archer's Choice Media Forums (http://www.archerschoicemedia.com/forum/index.php)
-   Archers Choice (http://www.archerschoicemedia.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Another Los Angeles County deer (http://www.archerschoicemedia.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2272)

thedogmother 11-26-2008 04:21 PM

Another Los Angeles County deer

2 Attachment(s)
Hi All

I saw a thread on here about taking deer in LA County. So I thought I would share my '08 archery buck. I took him on Sept 27th not more then 5 miles from the city. As mentioned on the other thread I took this with an "AO" tag (archery only). I have one tag left and is an either sex archery tag for Los Angeles County. I will be heading back out Friday for deer and then heading up north a couple hours for pig on Saturday and Sunday.

We hunters are not well liked here in California, that is true but there are several of us. Also, there are some giant deer in the state. I have seen some very large deer taken, some nice elk, antelope and some nice hogs. Not an easy tag to draw but we have some nice big horn sheep as well. We have upland hunting of all kinds and duck and geese as well.

nova scotia 11-26-2008 05:50 PM

nice deer... funny you mentioned that in california hunters are not liked much.about 6 years ago we had a couple move from california to here in nova scotia right next door to me and thay didnt like hunters and didnt want hunting around here anymore just a small little community in the country next to the atlantic ocean where everbody hunts an fishes lives off the land and sea more or less but these people from LA were really,really hard core exstream enviromentalists an really weird.thay bought up a bunch of land an put every NO HUNTING sign I think the town had in there stores got a few chickens a goat one cow an 2 or 3 sheep thought thay had the world by the arch you can imagin a couple from a big city like that trying to be farmers it was funny to watch really.Thay werent long changing there tune

Monie 11-26-2008 07:08 PM

Holy Hannah! It's thedogmother!! WOW! I haven't seen you in a coon's age!! I'm glad you found us!! Too bad you couldn't get in on this year's Guys v Girls contest. We could use ya!

Congrats on the nice buck!!! It's nice to see you again!

ladybowhntr 11-26-2008 07:11 PM

Great job Dogmother!!!!! I think I finally found a reason to check out California!!!!!

Monie 11-26-2008 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nova scotia (Post 26463)
nice deer... funny you mentioned that in california hunters are not liked much.about 6 years ago we had a couple move from california to here in nova scotia right next door to me and thay didnt like hunters and didnt want hunting around here anymore just a small little community in the country next to the atlantic ocean where everbody hunts an fishes lives off the land and sea more or less but these people from LA were really,really hard core exstream enviromentalists an really weird.thay bought up a bunch of land an put every NO HUNTING sign I think the town had in there stores got a few chickens a goat one cow an 2 or 3 sheep thought thay had the world by the arch you can imagin a couple from a big city like that trying to be farmers it was funny to watch really.Thay werent long changing there tune

lol..."Entitled" people like that really crack me up!!

bullmoose38 11-26-2008 07:38 PM

nice buck!!!!!!!!!! welcome to the forum.

Monie 11-26-2008 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ladybowhntr (Post 26467)
Great job Dogmother!!!!! I think I finally found a reason to check out California!!!!!

ladybowhntr, when you're ready let me know. My family has over 300 acres we can hunt. We have quite a few hogs and muleys. :)

timba 11-26-2008 09:19 PM

nice deer,congrats

timba

thedogmother 11-27-2008 10:08 PM

Thanks for the welcome Monie. You let me know if you and ladybowhntr have need another hunting partner if you come out to Cali to hunt pigs you let me know ;)

Thanks for all the congrats on the deer. I wish I could have helped the women's team out with some points. Sorry. :(

Hey Nova, all us Californis's are not like that .....trust me. But between you and me; I can't wait to get out of here. I am sure I will make a better nieghbor then the ones that moved next to you. :D

BRIAN34 11-28-2008 10:08 AM

Congrats! Nice deer.....:D