Archer's Choice Media Forums

Archer's Choice Media Forums (http://www.archerschoicemedia.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Choice (http://www.archerschoicemedia.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Gun Season...... (http://www.archerschoicemedia.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2230)

BRIAN34 11-19-2008 08:23 PM

Gun Season......

This will be the first gun season I have hunted in years, and the first time using a MUZZLELOADER (T.C. triumph) I can't wait!!!! I hope the T.C. will bark...lol Season starts friday. ;)

Monie 11-19-2008 08:27 PM

Just because it barks, doesn't mean that it'll bite! :eek:

I went to Gander Mountain, since there isn't a Cabela's nearby, and handled the Omega and the triumph. Boy that Triumph sure is balanced nicely! Come on tax time! lol

BRIAN34 11-19-2008 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monie (Post 25926)
Just because it barks, doesn't mean that it'll bite! :eek:

I went to Gander Mountain, since there isn't a Cabela's nearby, and handled the Omega and the triumph. Boy that Triumph sure is balanced nicely! Come on tax time! lol

that is true,lol ( hope it bites) I am use to having a bow in my hand. Sure it will be fun either way! can't wait! :D

Monie 11-19-2008 08:36 PM

I really need to get out and practice. I am more proficient with a bow than a gun. I'm lucky to hit the broadside of a barn with a gun!

BRIAN34 11-19-2008 08:52 PM

I love using my bow, but it would be awesome to shoot a deer with the muzzleloader! We will see!

Monie 11-19-2008 08:55 PM

Yeah, if it was a 500 pointer!

FFAHunter 11-19-2008 11:18 PM

brian, have fun. around us it sounds like the civil war is happening and monie i dont think you could hit the side of a barn from the inside with a gun or bow.... just kidding dont hate me i want to be in good standards come cookie season

MJewell 11-20-2008 06:46 AM

Monie if you like the Triumph, try picking up the Endeavour you will not be able to set that gun down. I know that it is twice the price but I feel it is worth the money for the simple fact that you can exchange the barrels on it with any caliber that you wish.

Matt

OhioCooner 11-20-2008 08:28 AM

Sweet! Good Luck!

Monie 11-20-2008 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MJewell (Post 25944)
Monie if you like the Triumph, try picking up the Endeavour you will not be able to set that gun down. I know that it is twice the price but I feel it is worth the money for the simple fact that you can exchange the barrels on it with any caliber that you wish.

Matt

Huh...I'm up for spending a little more to get more bang for my buck! Thanks for the tip, Matt!! I'll have to take a road trip to Indy to check it out.

Thank God I have no money right now, because in that store ALL of the long guns are out and can be handled! I love that store for that reason! I was there one day and fondling the muzzleloaders, then I worked my way over to the carbines, then the shotguns. Man, that Citori sure did feel fine in my hands! Great balance, goes to your shoulder right now and the cheek swell is perfect for me. If I had the dough, I sure would get one of those in a heartbeat.