Archer's Choice Media Forums

Archer's Choice Media Forums (http://www.archerschoicemedia.com/forum/index.php)
-   SWD - Severe Whitetail Disorders (http://www.archerschoicemedia.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   The Rut must be kicking in! (http://www.archerschoicemedia.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2163)

Flintlock1776 11-03-2008 04:50 PM

The Rut must be kicking in!

What a change in 2 days!!!!!

I drove along Rte 78 in West NJ and for 25 miles there were dead does and bucks all over. I mean a lot on both sides of the highway! I lost count.

It has to be the rut!

I have things to do but this Friday, Saturday and Monday (if needed) it is bow hunting only time! No chores no nothing! Just HUNT!

Not bad, with all my observations and help from my GPS and Prime Times CD I've been forecasting 11/11/08 as the peak.

Fingers crossed!!

Back at you later!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

OhioCooner 11-04-2008 07:12 AM

That's Cool that it's kicking in, but bad that they're all getting hit! You can't hunt on Sunday's in NJ?

YorkArcher 11-04-2008 12:14 PM

Had two young bucks around me this morning trying to decide who was tougher.

They both should be great in about 2 years!!!!

Not really chasin though... a doe came through in the morning by herself...

The smaller buck actually bedded down for about an hour 40 yds from me...

Va Hunter 11-04-2008 01:06 PM

Must gonna be delayed down here again.
I had a small 6 pointer walk by my stand yesterday morning. I wasn't gonna shoot him with my muzzle loader but decided to mess with him just a bit. he started walking off, eating acorns and I blew on my grunt call softly. He never so much as raised his head ! I hit it a little louder, still no reaction. He just ambled off down thru the woods eating acorns. I got out my "Can" and flipped it upside down. BWAAAAAA! He flicked is tail a little and kept eating. He messed around for about 30 minutes before wandering off across the field.

YorkArcher 11-04-2008 01:13 PM

Same here VA....

I used "the can" call and grunted at the little buck to get him to get up so I wouldn't spook him getting out of the tree....

I had to us the Primos buck growl to get him to get up.....

He just walked away....

It can wait a few more days.... I'll be in my stand on Friday Morning in Indiana!!!!!

Hoosiers look out.... the PA boys are comin to town!!!!!!

CarbonSlinger 11-04-2008 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flintlock1776 (Post 25162)
What a change in 2 days!!!!!

I drove along Rte 78 in West NJ and for 25 miles there were dead does and bucks all over. I mean a lot on both sides of the highway! I lost count.

It has to be the rut!

I have things to do but this Friday, Saturday and Monday (if needed) it is bow hunting only time! No chores no nothing! Just HUNT!

Not bad, with all my observations and help from my GPS and Prime Times CD I've been forecasting 11/11/08 as the peak.

Fingers crossed!!

Back at you later!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Or it could be redneck drivers trying to catch some fast food :D

Flintlock1776 11-04-2008 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarbonSlinger (Post 25193)
Or it could be redneck drivers trying to catch some fast food :D

Some one just left fresh ground deer burger on 78. It was very red and fresh but what ever hit it moved on. Road is getting lumpy and bumpy with road kills this week, rain moving in for next 2 days then off I go Friday to get another buck!:D