Archer's Choice Media Forums

Archer's Choice Media Forums (http://www.archerschoicemedia.com/forum/index.php)
-   Turkey Talk (http://www.archerschoicemedia.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Your favorite call? (http://www.archerschoicemedia.com/forum/showthread.php?t=212)

bullmoose38 01-19-2008 06:36 PM

Your favorite call?

Whats your go to call?

HurricaneCreek 01-19-2008 09:38 PM

I have a gazillion calls of every different variety. I keep thinking I will find the "magic" one. But you know what? I always end up going back to the very first slate call I ever bought.

webb12420 01-20-2008 12:30 AM

I am using Lost River Game Calls. They are a new local company, but awesome. They make a grunt call that brought several whitetails within 20 yards of us while we were in Texas. Their turkey calls are great, too. They make mouth calls, slate calls, box calls, and have several different strikers to choose from. I haven't found anything from them that I haven't really liked. The website is www.lostrivergamecalls.com They aren't in very many stores yet, but if you see something on the site that you like, let me know and I will get you any info you need.

BRIAN34 01-20-2008 01:37 AM

I will let you know after turkey season...haha

HuntnMa 01-20-2008 07:43 AM

i have alot of custom calls.....i don't have a favorite....i love em all, lol....
out of the production calls that were made, i loooove my Primos power crystal....it was my first call that i ever called a bird in with and to this day i bring it with me...i'm a sucker for glass or crystal calls.....:D

bullmoose38 01-20-2008 07:48 AM

Im suprised nobody voted for the mouth call yet.:confused: In my area thats probably the call of choice.

bullmoose38 01-20-2008 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by webb12420 (Post 2599)
I am using Lost River Game Calls. They are a new local company, but awesome. They make a grunt call that brought several whitetails within 20 yards of us while we were in Texas. Their turkey calls are great, too. They make mouth calls, slate calls, box calls, and have several different strikers to choose from. I haven't found anything from them that I haven't really liked. The website is www.lostrivergamecalls.com They aren't in very many stores yet, but if you see something on the site that you like, let me know and I will get you any info you need.

I talked to the owner of this company already. I cant think of the guys real name but I know from different forums his name is skindog.

HurricaneCreek 01-20-2008 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bullmoose38 (Post 2616)
Im suprised nobody voted for the mouth call yet.:confused: In my area thats probably the call of choice.

I do like the Quaker Boy Mini Mags for a mouth call, they would probably be my second choice.

bowing4bulls 01-22-2008 11:30 AM

Got to love the Primos calls!

Great White Hunter 01-22-2008 05:57 PM

I use the H.S. Strut turkey diaphram calls. I have a v-cutter that I really like. If I find narrow pallet or youth diaphram calls I typically pick them up. What can I say the regular calls are too wide for my pallet. Plus I don't have to cut down the narrow pallet calls. Never used a box call always just mouth calls. I use a Primos Crow call as a locator.