Archer's Choice Media Forums

Archer's Choice Media Forums (http://www.archerschoicemedia.com/forum/index.php)
-   User's Hunting Diary (http://www.archerschoicemedia.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   PA's posse archery season (http://www.archerschoicemedia.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2017)

bullmoose38 10-04-2008 08:06 PM

PA's posse archery season

Day 1 morning didnt turn out the best. We busted the deer going in to our stands. Also had a unexpected rain. I did manage to win my game of Madden football though.:)

Evening
Didnt have a whole lot of action saw 4 does and 1 buck. youngbuck and I were in the treestands. Holly had a camera setup in the first row of corn. Something spooked 2 deer and they went runniing along the corn. They literally almost ran Holly over!:D I thought it was my lucky day.:D Other then that no deer really were within 50 yards. We will try again Monday. I want to do some scouting tommorrow and hang some stands.

Flintlock1776 10-04-2008 09:44 PM

Like NJ, you can't hunt Sundays. I hate that. Good luck Monday!

bullmoose38 10-04-2008 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flintlock1776 (Post 23603)
Like NJ, you can't hunt Sundays. I hate that. Good luck Monday!

You aint kidding! Dumbest rule ever!:mad:

oneshot 10-04-2008 10:42 PM

Can't hunt on sunday in Va. I think it stinks.

YorkArcher 10-05-2008 01:04 PM

Can't hunt on Saturday either when you wife buys tickets for the whole family to Hershey Park and tells you about it on Thursday!!!!!

The kids had a blast and it turned out to be a great day.

I was thinkin about ya bull!!!!

Standin in line for cotton candy!!!!

Adam 10-06-2008 11:05 AM

About the same results as my day.

I had a doe around 30 yards and a spike at less than 15 in the morning and saw another doe and fawn while walking out.

In the evening I sat in my ground blind with a friend to film him, and AFTER we got into the blind, I found out the battery was dead and I'd forgot the spare! :rolleyes:

So, I just kept him company for a couple hours. We didn't see anything though.

youngbuck83 10-06-2008 11:30 AM

It really was a down day...we got some rain the morning as well, which the weather man failed to say anything about. The deer seem to be showing up just a little too late for camera light. I figured w/ the cooler weather we'd be in business....wrong again!

Monie 10-06-2008 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by youngbuck83 (Post 23652)
It really was a down day...we got some rain the morning as well, which the weather man failed to say anything about. The deer seem to be showing up just a little too late for camera light. I figured w/ the cooler weather we'd be in business....wrong again!

Same here, youngbuck. The deer aren't moving until later in the evening. Buddy Bill and I got pinned a couple of times just as we were ready to get out of the tree.

On the flip side, in one corner we hunt, the deer move later in the morning. I didn't know that until yesterday. Usually, they're in bed by 9am or so, but I managed to tag one sneaking through at 9:46. Go figure. :rolleyes:

Colorado Rick 10-06-2008 01:57 PM

Well I am glad it's just not a localized problem then. We had luck... all bad... our timing was the same... all bad.

What can you do?

bullmoose38 10-06-2008 06:38 PM

Evening 2
Well not much again. Saw a hind quarter of a deer that was it. We tried hunting there favorite acorn flat. But still no deer to shoot at. We did go across to our farm to pull a memory card from our stealth cam. And guess what there stood the 10 point. Oh well sooner or later we will connect. Im not sure where we are going to go tommorrow.:confused: