Archer's Choice Media Forums

Archer's Choice Media Forums (http://www.archerschoicemedia.com/forum/index.php)
-   Quackin' Up (http://www.archerschoicemedia.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   The sky is falling, the sky is falling!!! (http://www.archerschoicemedia.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1814)

ACPOSSETIM 09-11-2008 10:57 AM

The sky is falling, the sky is falling!!!

I took some buddies out this morning for a nusiance goose hunt, I just ran the camera but the 3 shooters killed a dozen birds in about 2.5 hours. I got quite a bit of it on film, it was my first time filming waterfowl so I'll admit some of it is destined for the trash but I think some of it can be saved:D

cpd realpolice 09-11-2008 11:17 AM

Sounds awesome!!!

Colorado Rick 09-11-2008 01:43 PM

That's cool Tim!

October 1 our skies will fall! Upland bird starts then too. I cannot wait!

Chukkar here come!

Dove/Quail has been in play a for week now, but I don't have a clue where to find them out here so....

When's your turn??

Monie 09-11-2008 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colorado Rick (Post 22046)
Chukkar here come!

:confused: :confused: :confused:

For such a learned, and well spoken man, I expected better of you.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Colorado Rick (Post 22046)

Dove/Quail has been in play a for week now, but I don't have a clue where to find them out here so....

Try looking in the woods. :rolleyes:

Va Hunter 09-11-2008 03:57 PM

Best way to find dove is look on telephone lines. Plink 'em off with a 22. :}

Rick , find ya a farmer that's cutting hay or cutting down corn for sileage. Doves love this stuff. Quail's entirely different. You may be able to walk up a few, but a birddog's gonna keep ya from wearing out your boot soles.

YorkArcher 09-12-2008 09:52 AM

Give him a break Monie....

Seasons gettin closer... The brain starts shutting down....

Colorado Rick 09-12-2008 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monie (Post 22056)
:confused: :confused: :confused:

For such a learned, and well spoken man, I expected better of you.

Try looking in the woods. :rolleyes:

Ya know what....

Nope... not gonna do it. Wouldn't be prudent.

Colorado Rick 09-12-2008 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YorkArcher (Post 22132)
Give him a break Monie....

Seasons gettin closer... The brain starts shutting down....

Thanks Big D!

T minus 11 days and counting. Our season was opened August 28 for first archery... I've just not been able to swing time off til the 23rd. Come Monday 9/22 at 4:30 pm Mountain though...

Look out Mulies....

Colorado Rick 09-12-2008 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Va Hunter (Post 22075)
Best way to find dove is look on telephone lines. Plink 'em off with a 22. :}

Rick , find ya a farmer that's cutting hay or cutting down corn for sileage. Doves love this stuff. Quail's entirely different. You may be able to walk up a few, but a birddog's gonna keep ya from wearing out your boot soles.

I gotta be honest with ya... Not real fired up for Dove/Quail. No offense to those that are, mind you.

I do, however, find myself in an ever-increasing frenzy regarding Pheasant and Chukkar. As the season approaches, and my information about open land areas increases, my affinity for the pursuit of the Upland Bird grows exponentially. Through various conversations here with Adam, Encore, and reading of the unfortunate passing of Firediver's beloved Cheli... I find that my possibly idealistic desire to "train-up a bird dog" haunts the edge of every passing thought, including my less-than-frequent dream-states in early twilight.

Short of that, I am sure I can educate the fair Rebecca in the finer points of "Bust and Duck" as it were. :D

(How's that Monie?????)

YorkArcher 09-12-2008 11:02 AM

My boss at work has even stopped giving me new tasks.

He know I can't concentrate this time of year....