Archer's Choice Media Forums

Archer's Choice Media Forums (http://www.archerschoicemedia.com/forum/index.php)
-   The ACM Hang Out (http://www.archerschoicemedia.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   ? on my vectrix (http://www.archerschoicemedia.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1796)

timba 09-07-2008 10:18 PM

? on my vectrix

I don't know much about cables and strings but I was sitting in my tree stand tonight and I noticed on my bow the the shorter cable that goes cam to cam is worn right on the loop were it conects to the cam.The out layer is worn through in a little spot can I buy just the cable some were or would it be all right to go through the season than replace it.

timba

ACPOSSETIM 09-08-2008 12:46 PM

You usually want to replace strings and cables as a set otherwise one may be stretched and the other isn't and they may cauase tiller/timing issues. Some serving wear is normal but if you can actually see the strands of the string it is in need of replacement/repair. Your pro shop should be able to re serve the end loop for you and it will be a heck of a lot cheaper than buying new string and cablesl. You might be able to sneak through the season and be ok, but it could break at the wrong time and blow a shot opportunity...or even worse injure you or damge your bow:( Just a suggestion though, if you do decide to replace them have the shop leave the string cables set up just the way they are. You can put them in a ziploc back with your peep/nock or loop/silencers all in place, that way if you do happen to break a string you've got a spare set ready to go that is already set up for you and your bow. I've never needed it but for the couple extra buck's you'll spend on peep/nock/silencers it's well worth having a spare all ready to go when it's the middle of the rut and there isn't a bow shop in sight ( or the shop doesn't stock your string!)!!

timba 09-08-2008 01:26 PM

I'm always worried about the strings and cables breaking,I'll try and make it through my elk hunt in 2 weeks and then go and get new cables and string.Its crappy living in a small town ,saskatoon is the closest place but still 3 hours away.

timba

Colorado Rick 09-08-2008 01:35 PM

Not to negatively impact Tim's info, because I say why risk the damage to your bow, or more importantly yourself... I'll say this:

We replaced strings and cables about 3 weeks ago, and we are still making minor adjustments as of this weekend. You have 2 weeks to go. I would do as Tim suggests and see if your shop, (yeah I know it;s way the heck out there for ya), can reserve the loop. That is better than nothing at all, and certainly safer.

Put it this way...

If you get hurt... you could miss more than just an Elk hunt, (which you can always go and do again at some other point), you could miss out on me and Duane dropping one of those big ol Canadian Bears!

That would suck!

timba 09-08-2008 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colorado Rick (Post 21798)
Not to negatively impact Tim's info, because I say why risk the damage to your bow, or more importantly yourself... I'll say this:

We replaced strings and cables about 3 weeks ago, and we are still making minor adjustments as of this weekend. You have 2 weeks to go. I would do as Tim suggests and see if your shop, (yeah I know it;s way the heck out there for ya), can reserve the loop. That is better than nothing at all, and certainly safer.

Put it this way...

If you get hurt... you could miss more than just an Elk hunt, (which you can always go and do again at some other point), you could miss out on me and Duane dropping one of those big ol Canadian Bears!

That would suck!

your guys are right,I have seen a bow blow up one some one and I don't want to happen to me.

I don't want to get hurt in the start of hunting season need to get some points for aour team:D

and can't have you miss out on a bear hunt either;) CR

Colorado Rick 09-08-2008 04:05 PM

If I can save only one hunting trip... it was worth it... :D