Archer's Choice Media Forums

Archer's Choice Media Forums (http://www.archerschoicemedia.com/forum/index.php)
-   SWD - Severe Whitetail Disorders (http://www.archerschoicemedia.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Deer poacher struck again!!!! (http://www.archerschoicemedia.com/forum/showthread.php?t=164)

bullmoose38 01-16-2008 07:21 PM

Deer poacher struck again!!!!

Man i hate poachers! Talking to my taxidermist today he found a doe shot in the head. There it lays going to waste because of some ignorant person. Hopefully they get caught.:mad:

indiana boy 01-17-2008 12:09 AM

Cant stand poachers. They give us as hunters a bad name

timba 01-17-2008 07:19 PM

Our zone up here was a CWD zone,so there were 3000 tags given out.I was now of 9 deer shot and left.Its very sad to see.

timba

Mathews PA Bowhunter 01-19-2008 04:46 AM

Well Bullmoose,

I Have Some Good News For The Area I Hunt, A Poacher Was Arrested Tonight / Mourning By My Partner And I. ( A Well Know Poacher) Was Driving His 4 Wheeler (yamaha Grizzy 700) Down The Road While Intoxicated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bowing4bulls 01-19-2008 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mathews PA Bowhunter (Post 2303)
Well Bullmoose,

I Have Some Good News For The Area I Hunt, A Poacher Was Arrested Tonight / Mourning By My Partner And I. ( A Well Know Poacher) Was Driving His 4 Wheeler (yamaha Grizzy 700) Down The Road While Intoxicated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good one more down, every littlie bit helps!

It's a big problem here in NM, there is so much land, which is a wonderful thing, but it's to hard for Game & Fish to keep an eye on things, a large number of poacher's are cought by local people calling them in.

pbg40g 01-19-2008 11:07 AM

I've waited so long to actually be ABLE to hunt, not having my own weapons and all, and not having my big game license until I finally broke down and bought it the first time in Dec of 2006. It makes me MAD :mad: to hear about guys who just shoot the deer anytime of the year, or at night, or anything ELSE that is against regulations!

bowing4bulls 01-19-2008 02:11 PM

I hear ya pbg40g!

You and I scout all year to try and find the best pleace to be openning morning, and then to think that somone will just go shoot a deer when ever they feel like it and that it very well could be one of the deer you have been waiting to hunt! Nothing makes me mader!

bullmoose38 01-19-2008 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowing4bulls (Post 2422)
I hear ya pbg40g!

You and I scout all year to try and find the best pleace to be openning morning, and then to think that somone will just go shot a deer when ever they feel like it and that it very well could be one of the deer you have been waiting to hunt! Nothing makes me mader!

Yep aint that the truth!

nhbowhunter21 01-23-2008 06:50 AM

Do any of the poachers say thay have a reason for poaching? There are many that they catch but I can't figure the purpose for them poaching. It can't be fun.

bullmoose38 01-23-2008 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nhbowhunter21 (Post 3261)
Do any of the poachers say thay have a reason for poaching? There are many that they catch but I can't figure the purpose for them poaching. It can't be fun.

There was a group arrested 2 years ago. They were running the meat up to restarunts in NY.