Archer's Choice Media Forums

Archer's Choice Media Forums (http://www.archerschoicemedia.com/forum/index.php)
-   Behind the Lens (http://www.archerschoicemedia.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   yote (http://www.archerschoicemedia.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1508)

bullmoose38 07-22-2008 04:33 PM

yote

1 Attachment(s)
I would love to stick this one!

OhioCooner 07-23-2008 08:17 AM

POW! Hate them critters!

Colorado Rick 07-23-2008 09:06 AM

We have a whole pack of them running around our neighborhood. I have mixed feelings on them. On the one hand, they are cool to listen to at night when they have a track going, and they are eating up those noisy, little, yip-yipping lap (kicking) dogs that my pretentious, airhead, empty-nester, neighbors refuse to take in at night because, and I quote here, "Mommy's Pookums is allowed to run in hers own yard, isn't shee awww?" (Gagging as I type) So I see them more as community services really.

Yet on the other hand, I have to listen to aforementioned idiot "Mommy" screaming out of her back door at 11:30 pm for Pookums VII to return to her "Mommy's" ever awaiting, co-dependant, empty arms for 20 minutes, until it finally enters her myopic universe that Pookums may have become a blue plate special to go at the Parker Backyard Diner. :mad: :mad: :mad:

(Deep breath) So... in closing, I like the pelts and I'd plunk one in a heartbeat given the opportunity.

Va Hunter 07-23-2008 11:29 AM

Bull, get ya an electronic caller and get out there! Pop that SOB. I ain't got no love lost for a 'yote. Cousin's lost too many calves to them.

youngbuck83 07-23-2008 12:22 PM

I hope none of those young poults get caught by him!

OhioCooner 07-24-2008 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colorado Rick (Post 18115)
We have a whole pack of them running around our neighborhood. I have mixed feelings on them. On the one hand, they are cool to listen to at night when they have a track going, and they are eating up those noisy, little, yip-yipping lap (kicking) dogs that my pretentious, airhead, empty-nester, neighbors refuse to take in at night because, and I quote here, "Mommy's Pookums is allowed to run in hers own yard, isn't shee awww?" (Gagging as I type) So I see them more as community services really.

Cool to listen too? Those things give me the creeps when a pack lights up! :eek:

timba 07-24-2008 09:13 PM

We have a ton of them around my acreage,my dog went missing and I wouldn't be suprised if it was a pack of them that got him.I've seen them try and take down huskies.

I had one howl under my bedroom window one night,that scent shivers at first.I enjoy listening to them just as the sun is going down it echos pretty good.

Colorado Rick 07-24-2008 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OhioCooner (Post 18201)
Cool to listen too? Those things give me the creeps when a pack lights up! :eek:

Aw heck no. I love it.

Just as I'm falling asleep they start up. Reminds me a lot of being on my uncles farm as a kid.

youngbuck83 07-25-2008 06:34 AM

I agree w/ you cooner....that sound puts the hair up on the back of my neck!!:eek:

YorkArcher 07-25-2008 07:51 AM

I don't see or hear them much here in York County PA.

I remember them from Oklahoma though.

Cool sound. Kinda reminds you there are still wild things out there!!!