Archer's Choice Media Forums

Archer's Choice Media Forums (http://www.archerschoicemedia.com/forum/index.php)
-   Equipment (http://www.archerschoicemedia.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   lumenocks (http://www.archerschoicemedia.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1245)

timba 06-13-2008 07:21 AM

lumenocks

I just got 6 of they yesterday and tried them out last night shooting at the target and so far I have 2 that quit working and one I cliped with another arrow.When they did work it was awesome I could really see my arrows but for 10 bucks each I would like something that would last longer then 30min of shooting.Is there anything better?

timba

Monie 06-13-2008 08:35 AM

i've seen a couple...I can't remember the names. Yeah, those Lumenocks don't last long. It sucks you're having problems so soon after your purchase. I'll get you those names when I find them.

ladybowhntr 06-13-2008 10:01 AM

They're great when they work. I've had more trouble with them not working at all or when you don't need them on. Like when drawing back. You can make them pretty easy using the light replacements from lite up bobbers. They work better.

ACPOSSETIM 06-13-2008 10:02 AM

if you go to lumenoks website, there is some FAQ's that help with the not lighting problems. Easton makes a lighted nock I think it's the Tracernock, I've heard good things about these but haven't shot them myself yet.

timba 06-13-2008 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ACPOSSETIM (Post 14747)
if you go to lumenoks website, there is some FAQ's that help with the not lighting problems. Easton makes a lighted nock I think it's the Tracernock, I've heard good things about these but haven't shot them myself yet.

My buddy got those tracernocks yesterday and I got the lumenocks and we were shooting together last night and the lumenocks are brighter.He also had some that weren't working right.Maybe if we just keep them for hunting and not targets they will be all right.

nhbowhunter21 06-13-2008 08:18 PM

I used the luminocks for the first time this year. I lost two arrows after hitting branches. They lit until they hit the branches and then the jar turned off the lights and I ended up losing both arrows. At about $10 per arrow and another $10 per luminock they were expensive shots. I learned two things from these experiences. 1) Double check very carefully before the shot to make sure that there are no branches in the way. 2) Look for less expensive lighted nocks. :(

firediver 06-14-2008 06:15 PM

I've been shooting Tracernocks for several months now and I haven't had any problems at all.

bullmoose38 06-17-2008 02:39 PM

Go with ACPOSSETIM advise. Go on there website for tips. I had problems with mine when I first got them. But after reading the tips I no longer have any issues. The tracer nocks by Easton work very well also. Good luck.

TLC 06-17-2008 05:33 PM

Timba, have posted this a few times, but will do it again for you. get the archers flame nocks. they ALL work every time. and they are made to fit the arrows you shoot. shot each one of the ones I bought over 200 times each, and they lit every time. just as bright as the lumenoks, and cost a little less. $25.00 for three of them. when I hit my bear last year, the arrow ws found in 3-4 inches of water and the reason they saw it was because it was burning nice and bright. the address is:www.archersflame.com. good luck.

YorkArcher 06-18-2008 06:52 AM

I used Lumenocks on on my bear trip and for a few months prior while practicing. Once I got them settled in and working they are great!! Check out the web site it helps alot!

It is so cool whatching that red nock disappear in the black fur at low light!!!

And to see it sticking in the ground from your stand!!!!

They are a little heavy if your a speed freak though...