Archer's Choice Media Forums

Archer's Choice Media Forums (http://www.archerschoicemedia.com/forum/index.php)
-   Archers Choice (http://www.archerschoicemedia.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Peep question (http://www.archerschoicemedia.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1037)

cpd realpolice 05-12-2008 03:59 PM

Peep question

Been shooting my bow since last november. Shot indoors all winter and have been shooting outside for about the last month. I have some problem picking out the target in certain conditions, mainly shooting from heavy sun into shade. Any ideas for this. Been looking into "rifle type" sights using no peep. Thinking of a product by Kingsway archery. Any thoughts?

Arrowmike 05-12-2008 04:52 PM

With out trying to sound like a smart a**, I would use a hat to keep the sun out of your eyes. When you’re in bright light your eyes dilate to keep the light out, which is what you need for shooting in shade. The other thing you might look at is the size of your peep.

ACPOSSETIM 05-13-2008 12:58 AM

What type/size of peep are you using? What about sight pins fiber optic/lighted? Are you not seeing your pin against the target or are you not seeing anything through your peep? Depending on how far you usually shoot you might be able to eliminate your peep by installing a kisser button and just using your pins. I have a buddy that shoots that way but he keeps his shots under 25 yards, longer distance groups start to suffer without the peep--the kisser keeps you close but not perfect.

Bow Drawn 05-13-2008 08:55 AM

I went to a larger peep for the very same reason. If you are using a round pin guard style sight you can center the pin guard outside diameter within the inside of a peep if it's large enough say 1/4" like the G5 Hunter peep. Plus you get great vision down range looking thru it in low light conditions. And with both eyes open style shooting the sunny/shadows tend to blend better at full draw. I hope this helps.

Other than that I am no help - I do not have any experience with rifle style sights on bows like the no peep type.

oklahomabowhunter 05-13-2008 09:50 AM

i shoot with both eyes open and haven't noticed this problem. i use a 3/16" peep and a kisser button. i always wear a hat as most of us hunt with a hat on, besides i'm bald and the glare would scare off all the deer, lol.

indianabowhunter 05-13-2008 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oklahomabowhunter (Post 12554)
i shoot with both eyes open and haven't noticed this problem. i use a 3/16" peep and a kisser button. i always wear a hat as most of us hunt with a hat on, besides i'm bald and the glare would scare off all the deer, lol.

I have the same problem with the glare off my head also .....LOL....

Great White Hunter 05-14-2008 08:55 AM

I use a 1/4" peep but mostly because I need it for shooting at hogs at night with my Hawglite.:cool: You might try a bigger peep.

tdm69 05-15-2008 10:08 PM

What is your bows length axle to axle? The new shorter bows create a steeper angle on the string and most peep companies have not responded. Predator products make one that works great on the shorter bows. If this may be your problem check them out at www.predatoriv.com Lou will take good care of you.